I just brought my son home from Camp Quest in Ohio. It was his third year and it was the best ever! I just want to tell everyone that if you have ever thought about camp for your freethinking kids, there is an awesome secular alternative to the Jesus camps!
Camp Quest is in Kentucky, Ohio, California, and I think one other state.

Views: 0

Replies to This Discussion

We live in East Georgia...it's a nearly 9 hour drive..(if you follow the speed limits precisely ). And some of the kids live in Florida. In years past, we have carpooled; one parent can drive the kids up and another can bring them home (or at least to a closer location). One parent chose to have a mini vacation and stayed there the whole week, taking and bringing the kids home.
Many kids fly up; CQ is great about coordinating pick up and drop off times at the airport. The staff at CQ Ohio couldn't be more helpful or take better care of my son. I love that they keep a doctor on site all week, and make allowances for dietary needs.

You might contact CQ and see if they plan to, or are willing to look into, starting a camp closer to you...There must be enough non-theist kids in Texas and surrounding states to make it worthwhile!
Florida isn't probably next in line for a camp like that. Fortunately we have the Kennedy Space Center camp, so when my son's older he'll have that option

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

AJY

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service