All Discussions Tagged 'education' (10)

← Back to Parenting Little Heathens
Discussions Replies Latest Activity

The Inevitable "Religion" Question

(This is a Blog post I will put up in a few places to get a healthy variety of opinions, both religious and non religious, I would ask if…

Started by Giga Gnome

23 Jun 9, 2011
Reply by Giga Gnome

Catholics/Republicans attack sex education web site for teens.

Hey guys. I was just reading about a web site devoted to educating teens about sex that is under attack in MA by Catholics and republican l…

Started by Dawn K

2 Apr 30, 2011
Reply by Dawn K

Songs From the Science Frontier

Howdy Friends, I'm looking for some help and support on a project I'm doing which I think you'll be interested in, as parents who value sci…

Started by GBM Harper

3 Mar 2, 2011
Reply by GBM Harper

Our first what I want to be when I grow up!

It's a question that is asked early and often what do you or what does your son want to be when you/he grow/s up?  We never had and answer,…

Started by Michelle

7 Jun 15, 2010
Reply by Noh Name

Teaching Critical thinking

I ran across this blog a while ago, it's got some good stuff for us science minded parents. I thought I'd share her newest post since it's…

Started by Dawn K

4 Jan 2, 2010
Reply by Demopoly

Talking to kids about race. Teaching "colorblindness" doesn't work.

See Baby Discriminate At the Children's Research Lab at the University of Texas, a database is kept on thousands of families in the Austin…

Started by Dawn K

8 Dec 13, 2009
Reply by Michelle

FREE BOOK -- Religion in the Public Schools:

Religion in the Public Schools Is Being Distributed Free Online A new book published by Americans United for Separation of Church and Stat…

Started by Libertino816

9 Oct 20, 2009
Reply by AtheistsAreUs

Teaching immorality and promiscuity to children of Atheist?

Two of my daughters are 11. They are at an age that we feel some knowledge of sex and choices are healthy. This of course is not permission…

Started by mrs kelligurl

14 Aug 29, 2009
Reply by Heather Carr

Parenting Beyond Belief Seminars on the road again

Hi folks! We're hitting the road again: the Parenting Beyond Belief Seminar for nonreligious parents is coming to four cities in the next…

Started by Dale McGowan

10 Apr 3, 2009
Reply by DaniT

Public school teacher crosses the line

I just wrote this email and sent it to my daughter's 5th grade teacher, so no response yet. Meanwhile, I'd love to know what Nexus members…

Started by Evolver

16 Mar 23, 2009
Reply by Amanda (Freckles)

RSS

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service