All Discussions Tagged 'children' (14)

← Back to Parenting Little Heathens
Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Caffeine limits for kids

Sodas, energy drinks, coffee, even some foods can have too much caffeine for children. It's especially hazardous for children with a heart…

Started by Ruth Anthony-Gardner

1 Feb 19, 2013
Reply by Ruth Anthony-Gardner

humanistic Parenting survey

Hi there - I am conducting a bit of an informal survey of Humanist and Humanistic parents. If you are interested, please take the survey at…

Started by Jennifer Hancock

2 Jun 4, 2012
Reply by Jennifer Hancock

Saying hello! And a parenting question.

Hi everyone! I'm happy to have found this group, I have so many questions and would like to seek advice for more seasoned parents.  Current…

Started by Stephanie

17 Sep 2, 2011
Reply by John D

Should I let my children go to church?

My wife is a theist, and I am an atheist. Her family and mine consist entirely of theists with the exception of myself and a cousin of mine…

Started by Wayne Andrew Meeds

23 Jun 6, 2010
Reply by Matthew B.

Teaching your children about religious traditions

Hi, I am new to this groups so I am sorry if this is already discussed somewhere and I didn't find it! My partner and I are both devout ath…

Started by Franny K

28 Feb 5, 2010
Reply by Carolyn R

It Happened Over There...

Understanding and Empathy Through Children's Books By: Reading Rockets (2010) Reading Rockets helps parents and teachers address the after…

Started by Dawn K

4 Jan 22, 2010
Reply by AgeOfAtheists14

School lunch report pushes fruit, veggies.

I think this dovetails nicely with the Meatless Monday and the obesity thread. School lunches need fewer calories, more fresh fruits and v…

Started by Dawn K

4 Oct 20, 2009
Reply by John D

Teaching children philosophy

I ran across this very cool website today that I wanted to share. Teaching Children Philosophy would be a great resource for homeschoolers…

Started by Dawn K

2 Oct 20, 2009
Reply by AtheistsAreUs

Parenting Beyond Belief: Half-day workshop w/ Dale McGowan

Non-theistic parents might be interested in this Parenting Beyond Belief workshop that the Ethical Culture Society of Bergen County (NJ) is…

Started by Ken Karp

0 Sep 29, 2009

Free online issue "Teaching Young Children" magazine

Industry mag put out by the NAEYC (National Association for the Education fo Young People) for teaching professionals. http://www.nxtbook.…

Started by Dawn K

0 Sep 9, 2009

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

AJY

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service