All Discussions Tagged 'children' (15)

← Back to Parenting Little Heathens
Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Kids need flu shots

CDC: 90% of kids who died last flu season didn't get vaccine The flu kills up to approximately 36,000 people each year, but less than half…

Started by Ruth Anthony-Gardner

0 Sep 19

Caffeine limits for kids

Sodas, energy drinks, coffee, even some foods can have too much caffeine for children. It's especially hazardous for children with a heart…

Started by Ruth Anthony-Gardner

1 Feb 19, 2013
Reply by Ruth Anthony-Gardner

humanistic Parenting survey

Hi there - I am conducting a bit of an informal survey of Humanist and Humanistic parents. If you are interested, please take the survey at…

Started by Jennifer Hancock

2 Jun 4, 2012
Reply by Jennifer Hancock

Saying hello! And a parenting question.

Hi everyone! I'm happy to have found this group, I have so many questions and would like to seek advice for more seasoned parents.  Current…

Started by Stephanie

17 Sep 2, 2011
Reply by John D

Should I let my children go to church?

My wife is a theist, and I am an atheist. Her family and mine consist entirely of theists with the exception of myself and a cousin of mine…

Started by Wayne Andrew Meeds

23 Jun 6, 2010
Reply by Matthew B.

Teaching your children about religious traditions

Hi, I am new to this groups so I am sorry if this is already discussed somewhere and I didn't find it! My partner and I are both devout ath…

Started by Franny K

28 Feb 5, 2010
Reply by Carolyn R

It Happened Over There...

Understanding and Empathy Through Children's Books By: Reading Rockets (2010) Reading Rockets helps parents and teachers address the after…

Started by Dawn K

4 Jan 22, 2010
Reply by AgeOfAtheists14

School lunch report pushes fruit, veggies.

I think this dovetails nicely with the Meatless Monday and the obesity thread. School lunches need fewer calories, more fresh fruits and v…

Started by Dawn K

4 Oct 20, 2009
Reply by John D

Teaching children philosophy

I ran across this very cool website today that I wanted to share. Teaching Children Philosophy would be a great resource for homeschoolers…

Started by Dawn K

2 Oct 20, 2009
Reply by AtheistsAreUs

Parenting Beyond Belief: Half-day workshop w/ Dale McGowan

Non-theistic parents might be interested in this Parenting Beyond Belief workshop that the Ethical Culture Society of Bergen County (NJ) is…

Started by Ken Karp

0 Sep 29, 2009

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service