All Discussions Tagged 'parenting' (20)

← Back to Parenting Little Heathens
Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Special Needs

My son has been diagnosed with speech and social delays. He's 3 and starting to talk a bit now (so fun!) I've never been worried per se, be…

Started by Angie Jackson

7 Apr 25, 2009
Reply by Angie Jackson

Parenting antipatterns - and better solutions.

́We've probably all experienced incidents where we or other parents exhibited certain “techniques” and later thought that the situation cou…

Started by Wolf Martinus

7 Apr 8, 2009

Parenting Beyond Belief Seminars on the road again

Hi folks! We're hitting the road again: the Parenting Beyond Belief Seminar for nonreligious parents is coming to four cities in the next…

Started by Dale McGowan

10 Apr 3, 2009
Reply by DaniT

Benevolent Authority (general parenting)

Hmmm...sounds like some supreme deity I've heard of. The universal tendency of discipline advocates is to try to make Authority P sound lo…

Started by Dawn K

4 Mar 29, 2009
Reply by Dawn K

Hypothetical question(s).

What would you have done in the following situation? You tell your school age child that you don't believe in god but many other people do…

Started by Dawn K

13 Mar 15, 2009
Reply by Natalie

Bottle Breaking

My daughter is 15 1/2 months old. We are trying to break her of the bottle. Any ideas/suggestions? We have another one due in May so we are…

Started by Byron

19 Jan 13, 2009
Reply by Hugo

What one value do you hope to instill in your children?

This question seems to be asked now and then among various parenting groups I've encountered. I've answered different ways depending on the…

Started by Dawn K

33 Nov 10, 2008
Reply by Saint Fillan

First Annual Parenting Beyond Belief Column Competition!

In the wee hours of my sleepless nights, I edit the Humanist Parenting site for the Institute for Humanist Studies. One of my IHS duties is…

Started by Dale McGowan

1 Aug 29, 2008
Reply by Dawn K

Parenting Beyond Belief

I've found Parenting Beyond Belief is a terrific book and resource. Anyone here a fan? The editor-author Dale McGowan is clever and insigh…

Started by Glendon Mellow

12 Aug 10, 2008
Reply by Holly

Resource for secular parents

Hi, I am the creator of the facebook group The End of Hereditary Religion. We are not against religion per se, just the practice of forcing…

Started by Richard J. Collins

2 Jul 13, 2008
Reply by Richard J. Collins

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

Latest Activity

Bertold Brautigan replied to Dr. Allan H. Clark's discussion Atheism and the Holocaust: Primo Levi and Os Guiness
5 minutes ago
Dr. Allan H. Clark replied to Thomas Pietrocarli's discussion What if God revealed himself to you?
29 minutes ago
Joseph P replied to dudaboli yev's discussion David Silverman Debate Mormons on Religion, Morality and Science. in the group ORIGINS: UNIVERSE, LIFE, HUMANKIND, AND DARWIN
32 minutes ago
sk8eycat replied to Thomas Pietrocarli's discussion What if God revealed himself to you?
52 minutes ago
Dr. Allan H. Clark replied to Dr. Allan H. Clark's discussion Atheism and the Holocaust: Primo Levi and Os Guiness
1 hour ago
Freethinker31 commented on Martin A. Moe, Jr's blog post Is Religion the Offspring of Evolution?
1 hour ago
Dr. Allan H. Clark replied to Dr. Allan H. Clark's discussion Atheism and the Holocaust: Primo Levi and Os Guiness
1 hour ago
1 hour ago
Michael Penn replied to Thomas Pietrocarli's discussion What if God revealed himself to you?
1 hour ago
Future replied to Thomas Pietrocarli's discussion What if God revealed himself to you?
1 hour ago
dudaboli yev liked dudaboli yev's discussion David Silverman Debate Mormons on Religion, Morality and Science.
1 hour ago
dudaboli yev added a discussion to the group ORIGINS: UNIVERSE, LIFE, HUMANKIND, AND DARWIN
1 hour ago

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service