I just had to post this!

Great stuff!

Views: 439

Replies to This Discussion

Need we mention that the above was an audio edit job?

Someone sent me this and I just thought it was funny. I haven't seen the original.

Thanks though

The "fuck off" comment came from a discussion between Dawkins and Neil deGrasse Tyson. Here's the link to the video. The comment "fuck off" starts at time marker 2:20.

You have it precisely, my friend!

The editing in the video Steph posted seems to be reminiscent of how the Big Book of Jewish Christian Fairy Tales - err, the Bible - was written. 

"Hey Fred. I got a great idea. Let's make up our own hero, call him Moses, and say that a god gave him the Reader's Digest version of Hammurabi's Code. We'll narrow it down to ten rules."

"I don't know George. Seems like that'd be pretty easy to see through. The people will never buy it."

"Hell, Fred. They bought the whole Osiris crap about being resurrected without a penis."

"Well, OK. But it's never going to last."

And the rest is history.

Tyson's objection to Dawkins' "sharpness of teeth" isn't necessarily right. 

Whatever Dawkins' "sharpness", it might easily appeal to the suppressed anger of religious people and feel right to people in general.  Similarly Hitchens, who not only had sharp teeth but chewed into flesh. 

Dawkins did famously trivialize Rebecca Watson's objections to an overly persistent guy in "Elevatorgate". 

But otherwise I've always found him both civil and confrontational, a good combination. 

Thanks I appreciate it

And he was quoting someone else.

His summary of the old testament god was great, but I didn't like the disrespect in his response.

Someone that refuses to see all the negative, radical aspects of the Old Testament, which are quite straightforward, deserves such a response.  

I advised Richard to stop being polite and instead take up martial arts and body building in an effort to physically intimidate his more stubborn opponents.

As I said to him, '...people will respect you more if you break some mother fucker in two.'

'Never get into a fight unless you're tooled up'  says the new street-wise Richard Dawkins

I wish he was a little less polite to some people so he could get his point across, preferably when dealing with completely despicable individuals such as Fox News political commentator Bill O'Reilly. Watch the following video if you do not know of what I'm talking about... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2FARDDcdFaQ

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

AJY

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service