I'm E H Smith, a new member of Nexus.  My new book is out.  It is titled JUST US FOR ALL.

The first thing I did in that book was to briefly explain my theory.  My theory is Universal

Evolution.  Basically, I hold that all things evolve/change, not just organic life.  I hold that

this is true from -20 billion years ago, and I outline it in my book.

I hold that it wasn't just a little Big Bang.  It was 10 billion years of accumulation of two

great masses followed by a collision and an explosion beyond all belief.  That set off the

Universal Evolution we know of.

I was a mountain climber, and I studied the changing mountains.  I saw the seas change

the shores.  I raised and studied wolves for twenty years, and I researched wolf-dog

hybrids.  Hybrids offered fast paced evolution before my very eyes!

We are a tiny speck in an ocean of Universal Evolution!  Thank you!

Views: 185

Replies to This Discussion

"Blatant Snobbery"

I'd expect such as this from creationists...

Dude, you called real scientists (of which there are a few on this site) "egg-headed", if you can criticize with name-calling, surely you can handle substantiated critique of your commentary?

No?

Sorry, I thought "egg head" was a compliment...  Anyhow, my final comment:  Such

fine "scientists" "speculate" with all of their "math" that a black hole at the center of

our galaxy CAN produce a UNIVERSE equal in size and character to our universe........

Their "speculations" or "ideas" are GLORIOUS, but other persons IDEAS are bunko?

So that's it.  I get it!  So be it.

"a black hole at the center of our galaxy CAN produce a UNIVERSE equal in size and character to our universe."

Do you have a cite for this?

"Their "speculations" or "ideas" are GLORIOUS, but other persons IDEAS are bunko?"

Scientific speculations are called hypotheses, if they aren't in any way testable, then they aren't scientific hypotheses, just speculations.

The "speculations" using just "math" produced the quantum mechanics theory that allows you to post from a computer, that uses a CPU that wouldn't exist without those egg-heads and their math.

Just sayin'

Earl H Smith

I hold that it wasn't just a little Big Bang.  It was 10 billion years of accumulation of two

great masses followed by a collision and an explosion beyond all belief.  That set off the

Universal Evolution we know of.

You could have made an imaginative philosopher 5000 years ago.

Ummm, most people who are atheists are also skeptics.  Did you think your ideas were not going to be questioned here? You can't expect us to NOT question your "theory".  It is ok to have a philosophy...but it isn't science.  Where did you GET this stuff??

I never got a chance to tell you folks that I'm not a "scientist".  I never got a chance to tell you that

I'm a mere, lowly, mortal writer who had a few ideas...  You instead jumped my ass full force as if I

were an errant wanna-be "scientist" who needed discipline.  Of course I shot back...  I don't have

time to be treated that way; I have a new book to write, and I'm working on it (fiction only).  I have

to work!  So, if anyone wants to see how I explain any of these matters, he/she can get the book

and read it.  In it I explain that I'm not a PhD, etc.  Thank you for your kindness.  EHS

Earl - if you haven't been on this site long - you may get an initial shock until you get used to the culture on here.  There seems to be a sort of dog eat dog mentality - where everyone is brutally honest with each other.

If you can toughen up to the criticism of your ideas - you can also gain much insight from some.  There is no shelter from reality here.  There is no hiding from facing yourself or your context.  There is a lack compassion, humility and kindness at times.

Just a reminder that we are all human - and just because you're an atheist doesn't mean you need to be a wanker.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2012/mar/25/atheists-please...

Alice:  I think I'll call myself a lowly unbeliever from now on; just a preference.  Anyhow.  I don't

care what those people think.  I'm perfectly secure in what I do and how I do it.  As a matter of

fact, I just started a new book, Suzie The Pig, and the first thing I did in it was to describe certain

matters.  All in fun of course since the book is humor, however dry.  I'm just having fun!  So,

thanks Alice.  E H S

sounds good - one of our needs in life is to have fun - enjoy, have humour and play :)

"There is no shelter from reality here."

Not even for Objectivists...

LOL - why you'd single out objectivism - that was a total fantasy IMO...

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service