Deut {32:7} Remember the days of old, consider the years of many generations: ask thy father, and he will shew thee; thy elders, and they will tell thee. {32:8} When the Most High divided to the nations their inheritance, when he separated the sons of Adam, he set the bounds of the people according to the number of the children of Israel. {32:9} For the LORD’S portion [is] his people; Jacob [is] the lot of his inheritance.

This tells us that the LORD, which would in the Bible mean Yahweh, inherited Jacob's people, the Jews from the Most High, probably the father of the LORD. So, after all, Yahweh does not seem to be the most powerful and original god. Not even a creator god.

Please share your thoughts / information on this subject and let me know the source of your information.

Views: 212

Replies to This Discussion

'Now, the question emerges, why even bother trying to sort out all the myths of the past? I can't even sort out my own family tree without making mistakes.'

Joan,

You have asked a very pertinent question that will draw out the very purpose of my posting this. The bloody wars that you describe are going on and are drawing our attention. On the other hand the Christians are mounting a great propaganda war, through several clever authors, to impose this Yahweh character on the entire Universe as a universal god. I cannot fight those bloody wars but can counter the propaganda war. I am trying to show that this is no god but just a human warrior who inherited Jews form his father and is not a creator god as the bible describes.

In some ways, that reality, there is not a creator god, is comforting to me because I know that to be true. I don't have to wonder. All the evidence, especially those films recommended earlier in this string, give ample evidence of the evolution of El and other gods to Yahwey. 

On the other hand, I realize the religious right is a powerful force, especially in a time of economic turmoil. 

Strategy? well: 

I write a piece at least once a day on religion and its harmful nature. 

I submit at least one video a day on the role of religion in creating discord. 

I respond to my hate make with logical arguments to the filth and threats I receive, although these are getting less and less as time goes by and more people are waking up to religious intolerance and hate. 

I gain energy and strength and ideas from people like you and others on this string. 

I build support teams of atheists and others who have already awakened to the great hope that comes from thinking clearly without a bound mind. 

I celebrate according to the seasons, and birthdays of loved ones, and remembering those who have died, and playing with my great-grandkids. 

I garden with an eye on productive, healthy food close to home and thank nature for being so bountiful. I also garden to help my great-grandchildren know how to take responsibility for their own foods. 

I welcome any other ideas of what positive things to do to counteract hate and dogma, and proselytizing. I want to have fun in this challenge, even as Emma Goldman said,  

Arrest photo, Feb. 11, 1916: Social activist and anarchist Emma Goldman, who spent three formative years living in Rochester, was arrested for distributing information on birth control in New York City.

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

AJY

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service