Men and women have different evolutionary lines both in body and mind.
Competition for best partner "sexual selection" help in evolving our intelligence but each sex take different path, but the complexity of intelligence is same or equal in both sex.
There is no differences in intelligence between males and females on average.

Men use their intelligence to show-off their skillful and women uses their intelligence to pick the right man.
Making choice is very complex process in women, some times it's painful, like in shopping, - so men please do your women favor and chose for them the restaurants , place to go, the roads etc and give the reasons so they can save their choosing power for important things - such as choosing you and improve the overall intelligence of human.
At first making choice was easy for female it was done by the good looking and healthy body, good looking at that time indication of intelligence and honesty but with time according to Geoffrey Mille, Miller argues that during human evolution, “sexual selection seems to have shifted its primary target from body to mind.” It is sexual selection, therefore, that is responsible for the astonishingly large human brain, an organ whose peculiar capacities wildly exceed survival needs on the African savannahs".
Women are the selecting agent for intelligence of human, and that require women itself have to be intelligent, so both led lines lead to same intelligence.

Because the most painful things for women to make them chose between things like to chose
between man with comfortable home and one who is risk taker, so some times women take both at the same time which causes infidelity, but this has nothing to do with women it's evolution, so it's not something personal.
Evolution explain everything in our life, I think the evolution theory is most important theory in human history, it free us from all.

Views: 191

Replies to This Discussion

You opening sentence, "Men and women have different evolutionary lines both in body and mind.", slants all that follows askew. Evolution is not gender-based.

Men use their intelligence to show-off their skillful and women uses their intelligence to pick the right man.
Making choice is very complex process in women, some times it's painful, like in shopping, - so men please do your women favor and chose for them the restaurants , place to go, the roads etc and give the reasons so they can save their choosing power for important things - such as choosing you and improve the overall intelligence of human.

Nothing sexist here.

Thank you for notice, I have to indicate that I'm talking about evolution in sex,
Evolution is result of mutation in DNA and All animals have a set of DNA coding for genes present on chromosomes. In humans, most mammals and other species, two of the chromosomes, called the X chromosome and Y chromosome, code for sex. In these species, one or more genes present on their Y-chromosome that determine maleness. In this process, an X chromosome and a Y chromosome act to determine the sex of offspring, often due to genes located on the Y chromosome that code for maleness. Offspring have two sex chromosomes: an offspring with two X chromosomes will develop female characteristics, and an offspring with an X and a Y chromosome will develop male characteristics.

These two chromosomes evolved with other chromosomes to make overall species evolution.
Sexist? No it's compliment, ok men hate details , so women can do favor to men and tell the story short, because hearing details is painful for men.
Are we even now?

No, you are still being sexist.

There is no superior of sex over other, but there are little tiny differences in thinking like
Women like anticipation and men don't.
Women have great capability to predict men behavior easily while men can predict nothing.
That is why women love to be surprised because it's rare to happen. While men always surprise by women behavior.
And there others differences but all these differences have no effect in everyday life only in the relationship so they do not count.
So you are right.

What about acquired characteristics passed on genetically. Do you think Lamarck was wrong?

The inheritance of acquired characteristics can explain the evolving of sex organs but can not explain the extraordinary intelligence of human.
For more information you can read chapter 1 Central Park of Mind mating by Miller

https://ontherapyaspse.files.wordpress.com/2012/04/geoffrey-miller-...

Fascinating. Thanks for the link.

This is a generalization that isn't necessarily true for individuals.  In societies where women have relatively high status, there are plenty of women whose intelligence is regarded as sexy. 

You are talking about the culture you live in, not all cultures. 

Also, women sometimes have a preference for men who beat them or otherwise hurt them. 

First I'm talking in general and from evolutionary prospective.

Second I lived for many years in very open culture, when I was student I lived with girls sharing room in university campus. everything I wrote in feminine magazines.  

Mind Mating help me in understanding the other sex

In "What Females Want" page 41

"Darwin envisioned two main processes of sexual selection:
competition among males for the "possession" of female mates,
and selection by choosy females among male suitors. Male
weapons and pugnacity evolved for fighting other males, and male
ornaments and courtship displays evolved for attracting females.
The second process, sexual selection through female choice,
interested him far more than male contests of strength. The
hypothesis of female choice was, Darwin knew, among his most
daring and unanticipated. The theory of sexual selection was an
intellectual bolt from the blue, and sexual selection through
female choice was especially shocking. Darwin understood that his
hypothesis of female choice among animals would challenge
Victorian social attitudes."

but Darwin will not predict that he will challenge the feminism.

People also choose their partners based on their personalities and values. 

People are very complicated.  Including women - we are not described by your book.  We choose partners in our own way. 

There are even gay people, who fall in love with people of the same sex. 

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service