I cannot imagine the real purpose of posting this distasteful slanderous video clip – that combines Israeli young women soldiers, frolicking in front of a camera, with a stupid song called “kill an Arab” – but for the primitive urge to sling mud at Israel, my country of birth, residence and citizenship.

The post has nothing to do with the declared purpose of this internet site – Atheism versus Religion. The title of the post – “The cure: kill an Arab”  – would be to the point, but much less fun,  if it were combined with images of beheadings of allegedly adulterous women in Afghanistan, persecution of gay persons in Iran (sorry, there aren’t any) or hand chopping and whipping in Saudi Arabia. Or it could cite such ignored statistics regarding the killing of Muslims by other Muslims, and I quote:

“Some 11,000,000 (eleven million) Muslims have been violently killed since 1948 (date of Israeli independence) of which 35,000 or 0.3% died during the 60 years of fighting Israel . . . over 90% of the 11 million perished were killed by fellow Muslims . . .”

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Et1IRMbcIgg

Add to that more recent Muslim (and minority) deaths at the hands of Muslims in Syria, Iraq, Tunisia, Egypt and other “Arab Spring” countries. But why should we be bothered with statistics when everyone knows that it’s the Jews who poisoned the wells and butchered gentile kids to mix their blood in their festival food.

Tags: Israel, Muslims, Slander, defamation, killing, mudslinging

Views: 243

Replies to This Discussion

The mentality of the world in which we live is a culture of war and hate. Someone is always Persecuted if not for religion, gender or even the base's of them all just kill because of the color of someones skin. Im not a PHD or scholar but I really think that with advent of Language we then discovered how to hate using those words, and communicate that inside hate to others, tool making only added to the violence

I have been on many websites social, Forums, Groups and blogs and as you go reading thru you tend to see a trend some group hating another group mainly because of Religion and folk lore. They say that storytelling is a great introduction to keeping history alive but in my small mind it makes me think it also lends to constant hatred of one another keeping many of the old hates alive and well. 

We rarely see people treat one another on a individual but hate travels in a form of Group thought. If one person hates you its easy to work with others and show how this can be false assumption but if one is able to influence and spread it thru many the group becomes vicious. 

In some of the conversations I have had in Groups and forums that hate Jews I always ask the question "why the hate" there are various reasons people give some legit some otherwise but the theme that always ring in my ears is that you can change it to any denomination of people Jews, Blacks, women and they all seem to be one in the same. Our history (each and every culture) always precedes us. Someone always needs someone to hate

One must also ask - why is this even allowed on Youtube, if it is hate speech?

My country of birth is the US. There's things my nation has done that I'm not overly proud of. My ancestors came here from Ireland. Does that give me the right to disallow criticism of the IRA? We're certainly free to criticize what any one of us might regard as hate speech, and despicable and less than polite speech. At least, maybe. I'm not so sure any more. When censorship because of political incorrectness dictates what we're allowed to discuss, I'll take the side of the perceived asshole, Free speech is just that. It's supposed to be free. Criticize Mr. Bonaparte all you want. Call him whatever you want. But silence him by deleting his speech?!

So much for free thought and freedom of speech! If we're going to do that, then let's all sign up with the Muslims, Christians, Jews, Hindus, etc. and squelch anything that we might find offensive to out particular outlook. Why not? Let's institute a new right. The right to not be offended. And in doing so, flush the right of free expression down the toilet.

Criticize Mr. Bonaparte all you want. Call him whatever you want.

AN does have rules against this:

1. Harassing other members of the site may result in a ban. Harassment includes (but is not necessarily limited to) the following:
  1. Ad hominem attacks and name calling.
  2. Blatantly bigoted or derogatory statements or remarks about someone’s race, gender, or sexual orientation.
  3. Making negative threads targeting fellow members.

Good thing, because otherwise people here wouldn't get along, and AN wouldn't work as a social site.

It's good to learn how to express oneself without personal attacks anyway.  Personal attacks are a primitive method of social control, a kind of battle mode where truth falls by the wayside.  What you want to say is normally better said without personal attacks.

Similarly, people may claim to be hardened against personal attacks, but being hardened like that is also a state of battle mode - which has negative consequences also. 

You are confusing public and private.  Freedom of speech refers to government censoring speech.  By your statement we could not makes rules as to who is allowed in our own homes because we would be impinging on someone's right to free speech.  This is not a public site. 

I cannot imagine the real purpose of posting this distasteful slanderous video clip – that combines Israeli young women soldiers, frolicking in front of a camera, with a stupid song called “kill an Arab” – but for the primitive urge to sling mud at Israel, my country of birth, residence and citizenship.

I don't think that is the reason, if you look at his other posts, many are about Islam and Arabs, but not anti-semitic.  Arabs would have more reason to be offended. 

I have a good deal of admiration for Israel, myself. 

To put it politely:

Napoleon always finds videos and makes statements that push against the boundaries of comfort.

To put it impolitely:

Napoleons "real purpose of posting" is to troll.

To put it in context:

Napoleon is an anarchist. So, I think the video is congruous (<-- had to look this word up) to pretty much everything else Napoleon has posted in the past.  

The post has nothing to do with the declared purpose of this internet site – Atheism versus Religion.

I can only agree with this statement, but we also have a Linux Uses Group, Gardening group, and others

This post was moved, apparently, but my comment wasn't moved along with it. Here it is:

I myself am of western European extraction, and not of Jewish ancestry, but that doesn't keep me from being offended by the type of post that is gratuitously insulting or abusive, for no other purpose than to shock its readers, as Mr. Gat is pointing out to us.

This website works the best, when it serves as a forum for issues that come before us and elicits informative thought and discussion. As atheists we're the underdog, so our arguments have to be sharper, and our rhetorical points meatier and more eye-opening than those who have the weight and comfort of traditional culture to back them up. Let's please not sink into rhetoric or posts that lets a theist say that what we, as atheists, have to contribute is at best unconvincing to our point of view, and at worst would pose a meaning that is maliciously inflammatory, and contradictory to the place we would take in the world as humanists.

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

AJY

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service