Check out this funny video in response to the typical xtian argument for belief based on playing it safe:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Urgj8pV42DM

The Vikings had it goin on!

Views: 106

Replies to This Discussion

No doubt, re: having a beer with him, and I love his verbal attitude. He's just putting his POV out there and doesn't give a good rip what anyone says about it.

Thing is, too: HOW would Pascal's Wager get past an omniscient deity???
Lol... true that!

But the xtian answer is: Hey, let's watch tv.
I think that Loren Miller's brief comment on Pascal's wager ("How would Pascal's wager get past an omniscient deity") is an excellent refutation of the usefulness of accepting the wager. Don't Christians believe that "god" decides who will or will not be admitted to heaven,or "saved"? Anyone whose belief in "god" is based solely on a hope that such a belief will give him/her a free ticket to heaven clearly has an insincere belief in "god." Wouldn't "belief in god" mean a real belief, something deeply felt and sincere, not just a statement tossed off for the sole purpose of covering all bases. And wouldn't "god" know who is and is not sincere. And wouldn't an intelligent power favor an honest atheist over an insincere "believer." So maybe it's the atheist who goes to "heaven." (Though I really wouldn't want to anyway.)
I changed my mind. I'm pretty sure the xtian response here would be:

***hands over ears***

"La,la, la, la, I'm not listening...la,la,la"
I could definately have a beer with him, but then, I would have a beer with Jack the Ripper if he was buying - I have no shame.
Does it matter how big the spear is, or what it is made of? I'm thinking that diabetics, stabbing their finger to check blood sugar, are all in the Norse afterlife living it up.
LOL...Yep, the diabetic Vikings got an out on this one ;-)
This was absolutely brilliant. As an aside Mudbrooker sounds a lot like Morgan Freeman. Always wondered why Jesus only got speared the once. Could it have been to convert more pagans?
Jesus only got speared the once

Damn, didn't think of that one!
Ah, he did get speared! I guess we'll all get drunk with Jesus in Valhalla!
HAH, that's great. Now, where to find a spear...
Do needles count? If so then we're all eligible if we've ever been vaccinated.

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

AJY

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service