Scientists from UK and Austria have discovered a major ceremonial monument less than a kilometer from Stonehenge. Per the article:

"Professor Gaffney says: “This finding is remarkable. It will completely change the way we think about the landscape around Stonehenge. “People have tended to think that as Stonehenge reached its peak it was the paramount monument, existing in splendid isolation. This discovery is completely new and extremely important in how we understand Stonehenge and its landscape.”

The project has brought together the most sophisticated geophysics team ever to be engaged in a single archaeological project in Britain.

http://www.physorg.com/news/2011-01-henge-stonehenge.html

Tags: Jubinsky, Stonehenge

Views: 23

Replies to This Discussion

Sounds like an alka seltzer commercial to me.
You make me laugh!
Sounds like happiness to me.
I like that observation. How to write whimsically in black and white?
In online speak, woot was popularized within MMO's; prior to that it was a sub slang along side the much more popular "uber" which you'll recognize as German for "super". Uber came about from Wolfenstein's "Das Uber Soldat" - the Super Soldier. Thus anything really good was uber. And to celebrate getting uber items, Woot came into play - which was progressing from D&D tabletop (woot loot!) now into the realms of the online culture as the more stylish "whoohoo" or "yay" (note - its also slang for root.)

Pop refers to his transition within the "dream" of being at the Stonehenge archeology site.
similar to "poof".
Actually, it was around in FPS's, long before MMO's got big.  I heard it in the original Counterstrike and Starsiege: Tribes, way back in the day, a little before 2000.

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

AJY

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service