For anyone who wants to discuss Hitler, his morals, ethics, religion, non-religion, his philosophy, and any other idea with the word "Hitler" in it. 

Views: 505

Attachments:

Replies to This Discussion

I remember watching a documentary about the restoration to "flight worthy" status of a WWII era Me-109. They sent the V12  Daimler-Benz DB 605 to Rolls Royce's aero-space shop, and they sent back a letter to the effect of: "This engine has tolerances we aren't equipped for."

That says a lot, though this is probably from the '90s, I would imagine CNC has leveled that playing field somewhat. Still… German precision is lauded for a good reason, not the nazi ideology though, more a scientific approach to accuracy . They make the best microphones as well, and surgical instruments, Swiss approaches to the same "precision ideal" is also well deserved. But, von Braun did belong to the Nazi Party, this is true, so is the cartoon …pretty much. But, the "Third Reich" isn't what you think of when landing humans on the moon comes to mind. 

There's a lesson in there. There is also a theocratic association with the U.S. military and former Nazi Party member, SS Sturmbannführer, aerospace engineer and rocket scientist Wernher Von Braun, who is quoted as stating that:

"We wanted to see the world spared another conflict such as Germany had just been through and we felt that only by surrendering such a weapon (the ballistic missile) to people who are guided by the Bible could such an assurance to the world best be secured." ~ Air Force "Spiritual Fitness Training"

There's something to think about...

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

AJY

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service