BURNT TOAST AND GODDIDNOTDOIT: Atheist Sees Image of the 'Birth of Earth' in Burnt Toast

Yes it’s true.

This genuine picture was photographed in Bradford-on-Avon, Wiltshire, England by atheist scientist Dr. Terence Meaden earlier this month.

He could barely withhold his excitement.

“I was having breakfast when this piece of ciabatta toast got burnt,” he said. “Suddenly I was aware that the pattern of light and darkness across the toast resembled what could have been a visible manifestation of primeval events at the time that planet Earth was forming four and a half billion years ago.

Genuine unretouched photograph, copyright G.T. Meaden

Physicist Dr. G. Terence Meaden from Oxford University continued, “I feel humbled that I should have been chosen to receive this vision and expression of non-godist reality in this unexpected way. It is plainly a subtle manifestation of the high principle of atheism that goddidnotdoit.”

It is likely to make national headlines as this sensational story spreads through the rationalist community of nonbelievers in godism. Goddidit followers may be unhappy about it though, but after all—if one imitates their sloppy use of the word ‘theory’—then “goddidit is only a ‘theory’, seeing that gods are mere constructs of the human mind”.

“It is exciting because this piece of toast was absolutely genuine. No trickery. It happened, just like that”, said Dr. Meaden—a Tommy Cooper fan.

“You can see a representation of the birthing planet taking in asteroid-size spherical fragments as Young Earth spins and grows into the big planet that we know today.”

We may expect the story to go worldwide as non-acceptors of godism take note. “All I can say is you gotta believe this, because it happened.  I have always concurred with the scientific truths of the Aged Earth theory because proven scientific facts are right. Some years ago* a worthy atheist reported an image of burnt toast as depicting the Big Bang, but no photograph was ever produced—so perhaps that account was satirical. Mine is not. I have the picture to prove it."

So can we see the toast, this remarkable vision?

“I’m afraid the photograph is all that remains. The experience so overwhelmed me that, stunned and unthinkingly, I photographed it, buttered it and ate it. But I do have the negative of the original photograph, and the satisfaction of having actually eaten a piece of a nongod.”

* namely http://www.satireandcomment.com/0208toast.html where a pictureless image of the Big Bang was reported some years ago.

Tags: Big Bang, Birth of Earth, Creation of the World, burnt toast, ciabatta, goddidit, goddidnotdoit, nongod

Views: 21198

Replies to This Discussion

Damn ... and I feel lucky when I got a hundred or so views on one of mine!

20414 is brilliant, particularly on this site.

My biggest view tally for a posting is 10,426

It's my video about a French Atheist girl throwing up.

It had a running start---went viral, with 12,000 hits in four days. 

Need other contributors to your blog?  I have a PhD in Factoidal Misappropriation from the University of Wikipedia! :D

I saw your French girl throwing up and why on EARTH would anyone want to watch that? Do you say 10,426 watched it? Why do you suppose that is? What is interesting about some pathetic person in trouble?

Not to sound particularly vulgar, but it strikes me more as a foetus.  Perhaps the Catholic Church would be interested in this, being as it is disembodied... which for them means one less victim.  This makes the Pope very angry.

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

AJY

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service