I hope we can start a serious disscusion about having one Global Atheist Symbol to identify all the atheists in the World.

The two letters A + T are at the root of more than 80 official languages plus hundreds of unofficial languages or regional languages:

Latest design 2010 ATHEIST EYE ~OJO ATEO:
http://www.atheistnexus.org/video/universal-atheist-symbol-2007-1

The original design:

Slideshow of the latest design atheisteye:

Athesitically yours

Jorge Aberingi

Tags: atheisteye, atheistsymbol, ojoateo, simboloateo

Views: 2172

Attachments:

Replies to This Discussion

I know John, I was simply taking your example in a different direction. The gay community gets maligned all the time!
Most of us ignore it or at least don't let the hate keep up from progress. My point was many atheists are label/group identitiy averse and Jorge doens't seem to understand that.
This is to Susan and Ally. Susan: I was talking about the stylish version of the circled A over T depicting us as non-malign. I think it does but I would consider other symbols that did the same thing. Maybe we should have members submit other symbols for consideration. Ally, if we do not unite (agree) at least in that we should not worship we will be easy prey for theists who are united at least in that they believe in god and they are preaching.
Hi John why such a simple thing has to explained over and over again?
A/T symbol is the most logical thing, it's a matter of time that atheist recover their common sence.

How can I get in contact with the coordinator of Atheist Nexus so I can make a formal proposal from the creators of the A/T?

Thanks
You know, you aren't going to get very far if you keep insulting people for not accepting your idea. Why is it so hard for YOU to understand that not all atheists welcome a universal symbol?

As I already mentioned earlier. A T can also stand for anti-theist. Not all atheists are anti-theist. Plus, the explanation that a symbol is need because religions have it isn't a very good reason. Why would we want to copy religions?
Brother Richard will be the man to meet.
Thanks.
Hi Aberingi. I am in favor of the stylish circled A over T in order to make it as difficult as possible for the church et alia to depict us as malign. If uniting will result in our being depicted as more malign then it will not be worth doing. I am for moving ahead in any way we can to establish a universal symbol but with a symbol that will be read as standing for good. The style of the Nazi swastika for example did not lend itself to the presentation of a wholesome image. We can learn a lesson from the Gay community. In its fight for parity it vividly realizes the importance of not being depicted as malign and vehemently opposes any suggestions that it is. Let us not learn from the mistake of choosing an a-positive symbol what the Gay community knows so well about the importance of being received as having a conscionable message. I think the stylish version of the circled A over T will provide that the symbol stands for A-Theism rather than Anti-Theism but I am not so sure that the other symbols involving A and T will not be perceived as standing for anti-theism. I don't think it would be in the best interests of the movement for it to be labelled as anti-theist because this would make it too vulnerable to being scapegoated as evil.
this thread is depressing me. bicker bicker bicker.
overall this thread is just a dialogue not "bicker bicker bicker".
Sooner or later the issue of having an Universal Atheist Symbol had to come out and this is one of this moments.
I am Asok Kumar Das of Kolkata, India now at Pleasnton, California, USA. I want to say that a thing which does not exist at all cannot hate or love us. Hence God does not hate us. Be assured.

just something i whipped up, not too confident about it but i figured i'd put it out
Yes A/T is the answer. Althoug, this one is upside down T over A. The word atheism has to be written. Without a circle looks naked. Is good for a personalised logo on the net. The word atheism could be replaced by any of the over 80 official languages that use A/T as the root letter for ATheism.

Who is using this logo?.

Aberingi

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service