I hope we can start a serious disscusion about having one Global Atheist Symbol to identify all the atheists in the World.

The two letters A + T are at the root of more than 80 official languages plus hundreds of unofficial languages or regional languages:

Latest design 2010 ATHEIST EYE ~OJO ATEO:
http://www.atheistnexus.org/video/universal-atheist-symbol-2007-1

The original design:

Slideshow of the latest design atheisteye:

Athesitically yours

Jorge Aberingi

Tags: atheisteye, atheistsymbol, ojoateo, simboloateo

Views: 1912

Attachments:

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Orange........An Atheist Academy would require that there were dogma to be taught. Are you contradicting your earlier position that you cannot see Atheists coming together under one banner (system of beliefs) due to their diversified perspectives? Also, again you have said "rather than a church style organization". Despite your previous disclaimers it seems that you did and are suggesting the absurd that Atheism could be considered a religion. In this I do not see why you are not using scare tactics to serve your agenda.
Just for fun :-)

Aberingi
"Atheist Academy" could just be a place to learn how to think in a world without god. I like the idea, at the begging of the post I thought the pic looked like the starfleet logo then I wondered if the creator of starfleet had the atheist in mined, seams to similar to be chance lol =) Seams to me thats there society is in pretty good shape. 1000 years from now I don't think it would be a big stretch.
I though it looked familar :)
Couldn't of said it better myself. Perfect. Thats all "coming together under one banner" would mean. This is the sign for not believing in gods. period. we have a word its called Atheism, we need a symbol to relate with our word. Thats all, you might as well be saying we don't need a word and non of us should even be talking on this site.
I agree completely Bryan.
Not all words have symbols if they did we would still be writing in Hieroglyphs
I think a universal atheist symbol is urgently needed. Also needed is a universal flag to be flown in all the houses of every atheist of the world. from Asok Kumar Das Kolkata, India
Yes , I agree entirely with you.
Aberingi
I agree, Asok Kumar.

If EVERY atheist in the world would fly an atheist flag from his or her house the world would really begin to change---for the better.
The numbers would be high in some countries, and a great band-wagon of atheism--hitherto partly suppressed--would roll.

Even in theocratic nations, numbers could be high provided that there would be no fear of reprisals from the fanatically-religious godbots.
I was innocently supposing that a lapel badge or a flag would be making a simple statement like "I am an atheist"
meaning that "I am a free-thinking anti-religious rationalist and therefore support an atheistic world view as providing the best hope for the future of humankind."
I feel like other Atheist will recognize what it means. (No gods) If you think in the terms of the people we are trying to show we are growing and real, I think it will do just what we need it to. We use this symbol to show you we are here. See look, your seeing more of them aren't you? maybe theres something to it? Maybe it will give younger kids a reason to look into what it means, without the old meme's attached to the AT symbol. I think focusing less on taking over right now and more on educating and uniting the next generations is the only way for change. It happens slower then we can see. Much slower then we want it to, it frustrates the hell out of me but religions have to be bread out of us. We cant just sit around and think we are right they are wrong who cares. they think the same things but they care and run around with gold crosses and train there kids to.

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

MJ

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service