Dr. Meaden:

I know the name of this group is Origins, but I hope we can talk about potential futures for humankind.  I have recently posted a new blog on Huffington Post, Confessions of a Homo Sapiens Chauvinist. It is based on my speech to Atheist United in Los Angeles last February, and the video of that speech is embedded in the blog.  I was invited to talk about my new novel, Traveling in Space, which allowed me to elaborate on the theme of the novel, which has much to do with my view -- coming from my atheism -- of our species continuing and future maturation, if not evolution.

It is a positive message about and from an atheistic point-of-view.

I would love to have some feedback from you and this community on what I have to say here.  Do you think my take on our species and what I see as its role in the universe has merit?  Do you think it's Pollyannaish? Do you agree that it flows from being an atheist? Do you think it's a crock?

If you and the community like the video of my address and the text with it, or even if you just think it is worthy of consideration, I would appreciate it if it can be shared it with others. 

I truly do believe we need to demonstrate to the world at large that to have an atheistic worldview is not to have a negative view that offers nothing to mankind. 

Your kind consideration would be deeply appreciated.

You can see my blog on Huffington Post here: Confession of a Homo Sapiens Chauvinist.

Views: 90

Replies to This Discussion

Thanks for the kind words, Dempsey.  Are your short stories available?  

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

AJY

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service