All Discussions Tagged 'science' (28)

← Back to ORIGINS: UNIVERSE, LIFE, HUMANKIND, AND DARWIN
Discussions Replies Latest Activity

James Lovelock: 'enjoy life while you can: in 20 years global warming will hit the fan'

The climate science maverick believes catastrophe is inevitable, carbon offsetting is a joke and ethical living a scam. So what would he…

Started by Napoleon Bonaparte

13 Feb 22
Reply by Napoleon Bonaparte

Former Creationist Refugee

Hi Group. I'm glad to be here. I'm hoping to make for decades of ignorance. I grew up in a Fundie community and was conditioned to ignore a…

Started by Erxomai

14 Jan 27
Reply by Idaho Spud

What’s God got to do with it?, asks Nobel Prize in Physics winner

Following the discovery of the Higgs boson, this year’s Nobel prize for physics – as expected – went to the two men who first came up wi…

2 Dec 12, 2013
Reply by John Hutcheson

Science Under Attack

Nobel Prize winner Sir Paul Nurse examines why science appears to be under attack, and why public trust in key scientific theories has be…

7 Sep 8, 2013
Reply by Luara

Chile telescope unveils depths of universe (If you are blocked try video below)

Observatory in Atacama to be able to match views from space based telescopes such as the Hubble. Gazing into the furthest reaches of the…

22 Aug 19, 2013
Reply by Christopher Lowe

Buzz Aldrin - Mission to Mars

On 20 July 1969, when Neil Armstrong and Buzz Aldrin first set foot on the surface of the Moon, it appeared as though mankind was on the…

2 Jul 6, 2013

The revealing laryngeal nerve

Richard Dawkins demonstrates laryngeal nerve of the giraffe, which connects the brain with the larynx (voice box). The obvious path for t…

2 Jul 1, 2013

Darwin – In a Nutshell, by Peter Whitfield

I listened to this short audio book today (only 1 hour long) and would recommend it to anyone wanting a brief intro into Darwin, his educat…

Started by A Former Member

0 Jun 4, 2013

If the Big Bang is a lie then the universe is lying to us

Here's a great article on Science Blogs responding to Paul Broun's claim that the Big Bang, along with evolution, etc. is all a bunch of "l…

Started by Scott McGreal

15 Oct 8, 2012
Reply by Scott McGreal

Tracking Creation in Glen Rose

Here are some little gems for you:   One student recently told Thompson how she and her father reconciled evolution with the Genesis accoun…

Started by A Former Member

16 Apr 22, 2012
Reply by Joan Denoo

RSS

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service