All Discussions Tagged 'atheism' (11)

← Back to ORIGINS: UNIVERSE, LIFE, HUMANKIND, AND DARWIN
Discussions Replies Latest Activity

ORIGIN OF ATHEIST PRIDE

ORIGIN OF ATHEIST PRIDE We have everything to be proud about when declaring our atheism. Above all, this is because we hold the intellect…

Started by Dr. Terence Meaden

195 May 3
Reply by Dr. Terence Meaden

Origins of a personal barrier!

I'm 26, I should be out having fun, drinking and such, that's what people my age do right?  But I'm not, for you see,  I suffer from social…

Started by Rational-Thinker

25 Nov 25, 2011
Reply by Madhukar Kulkarni

The Linguistic Improbability of the Word God

Theological non-cognitivism posits the improbability of articulating; quintessentially, what god is in propositional logic. I conversed wit…

Started by Robert Affinis

16 Sep 6, 2011
Reply by Craigart14

Cold, uncaring, heartless. Atheist.

John Jubinsky proposed this discussion in a separate thread where I remarked that we should let the giant panda die out (it's at an evoluti…

Started by Marc Draco

23 Jun 9, 2011
Reply by Jedi Wanderer

Does a spiritual world exist ?

I am based in Uganda where there is too much belief in witchcraft and magics. One scenario in some remote primitive communities in Uganda d…

Started by Winfred Namara

40 Jun 6, 2011
Reply by A3Kr0n

Why evolution is irrelevant ;)

The debate about whether or not evolution is ‘real’ or not is one with which atheists and theists alike will be familiar. I recently receiv…

Started by Sigmund

90 Jun 5, 2011
Reply by Joseph P

'Atheist Guilt'

I'm sure many of you come from Christian and Jewish lineages, and are aware of the queer senses of guilt that accompany them.  As atheists…

Started by Sol Gartner

22 Dec 3, 2010
Reply by Ken Jackson

Or are we Dancer?

I strikes me from time to time that, as thinkers, we can't also be atheists. Literal atheism is untenable because we're assuming that we c…

Started by Marc Draco

124 Oct 6, 2010
Reply by Tonya Wynn

THE REASON FOR HUMAN SELF-EXTINCTION

To me, the most important line in Mirror Reversal dealing with this subject is, "What a cruel ironic cosmic joke! Books written by goat her…

Started by Richard Goscicki

23 May 28, 2009
Reply by Richard Goscicki

REJECTING THEIR PARENTS' RELIGIONS: A NEW ATHEIST FEDERATION IN BRITAIN

Alex Gibson (of the Nexus “Origins” Group and a recent graduate of Oxford University) has provided some excellent student news, which sugge…

Started by Dr. Terence Meaden

3 May 18, 2009
Reply by Jack Butler

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

AJY

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service