All Discussions Tagged 'Darwin' (30)

← Back to ORIGINS: UNIVERSE, LIFE, HUMANKIND, AND DARWIN
Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Barnacles gifted by Charles Darwin to a Danish colleague 160 years ago have been found in Denmark

Copenhagen's Natural History Museum of Denmark had hoped to find an item Darwin had borrowed from his Danish colleague Japetus Steenst…

Started by Dr. Terence Meaden

3 Aug 26
Reply by Idaho Spud

Former Creationist Refugee

Hi Group. I'm glad to be here. I'm hoping to make for decades of ignorance. I grew up in a Fundie community and was conditioned to ignore a…

Started by Erxomai

14 Jan 27
Reply by Idaho Spud

Darwin – In a Nutshell, by Peter Whitfield

I listened to this short audio book today (only 1 hour long) and would recommend it to anyone wanting a brief intro into Darwin, his educat…

Started by A Former Member

0 Jun 4, 2013

Darwin's proposal that life may have started 'in some warm little pond' may yet be right

Professor Dr Armen Mulkidjanian and colleagues of Osnabruck University in Germany find that Charles Darwin may yet be proved right with th…

9 Mar 4, 2012
Reply by Tara

Do we need a Universal Atheist Motto? e.g. "In Darwin we trust".

Aberingi's long-running topic entitled "Do we need a Universal Atheist Symbol?" leads me to ask "Do we need a Universal Atheist Motto?". We…

275 Jan 26, 2011
Reply by Mitch

What a Bill Payer....

I saw this under the pill payer section, i just thought i would bring it to your attention. http://www.cosmicfingerprints.com/blog/2013/

Started by Caleb Cochran

9 Jul 11, 2010
Reply by Dr. Terence Meaden

1860 JUNE 30: AT OXFORD, THE FIRST PUBLIC DEBATE ON EVOLUTION BY NATURAL SELECTION

Very soon will be the 150th anniversary of the first public debate on natural selection between Bishop Wilberforce, Thomas Huxley and Josep…

11 Jun 18, 2010
Reply by Claudia M. Mazzucco

ON THE ORIGIN OF CHARLES DARWIN --using Genetic Genealogy

“ON THE ORIGIN OF CHARLES DARWIN”—using Genetic Genealogy    Charles Darwin's genetic history has been revealed by DNA research in the co…

2 Feb 12, 2010
Reply by Sally Morem

"DARWIN'S BRAVE NEW WORLD" 3-part series on TV

Here's a marvellous 3-part series from CBC coming to UK television that starts this evening at 8 p.m. GMT. How many in Canada have seen the…

4 Dec 9, 2009
Reply by Marcus Craven

Evolution caught in the act II : Giant mice evolve to exploit food source

Caught this feature on the UK Guardian site, downplayed somewhat in the mainstream media. I think its a classic example of evolution in ti…

Started by John Bunyan

3 Nov 23, 2009
Reply by Clarence Dember

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service