All Discussions Tagged 'evolution' (62)

← Back to ORIGINS: UNIVERSE, LIFE, HUMANKIND, AND DARWIN
Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Evolution of political difference

Why Right-Wingers Think the Way They Do: The Fascinating Psychological Origins of Political Ideology Chris Mooney summarizes the latest the…

Started by Ruth Anthony-Gardner

3 May 20
Reply by Tom Sarbeck

Former Creationist Refugee

Hi Group. I'm glad to be here. I'm hoping to make for decades of ignorance. I grew up in a Fundie community and was conditioned to ignore a…

Started by Erxomai

14 Jan 27
Reply by Idaho Spud

Dissipation-driven Adaptive Organization

A New Physics Theory of Life Jeremy England presents a theory that particles in a bath of liquid, exposed to an external energy source, are…

1 Jan 22
Reply by Joan Denoo

Skull fossil challenges evolutionary history

The discovery of a 1.8-million-year-old skull of a human ancestor buried under a medieval Georgian village offers new evidence that earl…

Started by Napoleon Bonaparte

5 Oct 21, 2013
Reply by Napoleon Bonaparte

Human Origins - Are we hybrids?

A geneticist who has made a career out of studying hybrids has proposed a shocking theory that accounts for our numerous and often dramatic…

Started by Scott Bidstrup

32 Sep 15, 2013
Reply by Dr. Wolfgang von Khaos

The revealing laryngeal nerve

Richard Dawkins demonstrates laryngeal nerve of the giraffe, which connects the brain with the larynx (voice box). The obvious path for t…

Started by Napoleon Bonaparte

2 Jul 1, 2013
Reply by Napoleon Bonaparte

Darwin – In a Nutshell, by Peter Whitfield

I listened to this short audio book today (only 1 hour long) and would recommend it to anyone wanting a brief intro into Darwin, his educat…

Started by A Former Member

0 Jun 4, 2013

Male upper body strength, evolution, & politics

The Republican party's ideology has been characterized as "I've got mine, screw you." Now it seems antithesis to taxing the rich to pay for…

1 May 16, 2013
Reply by leveni

Origins of religion: What is the oldest well-characterised religion? How do religions evolve?

I don't have an opinion or an answer here, because I don't know enough about it. What I'm wondering is, what is the earliest well-character…

Started by Daniel W

22 Apr 6, 2013
Reply by Dr. Terence Meaden

New Study Suggests That Life May Have Begun on Land, and then Moved to the Sea

Conventional knowledge suggests that life began in the sea, and then moved ashore (much as I hope to do, when I retire as a Merchant Marine…

Started by Bud the Wonderer

8 Dec 15, 2012
Reply by Joan Denoo

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service