I was wondering if anyone would be interested in planning a meeting at a local restaurant. I've noticed most of us live near the Triangle (Raleigh/Durham/Chapel Hill), or the Triad (Greensboro/Winston-Salem/High Point). It doesn't have to be anytime soon, but I think it would be interesting if were able to meet in a non-virtual forum a month or two down the road.

Thoughts? Ideas? Concerns? etc...?

Views: 68

Replies to This Discussion

Ok, so this looks like a big, public, relatively safe thing. Anybody planning to go interested in a little meet-up? I recall at least one coffee shop on Fayetteville St.
The real question is, if a guy like you can be lonely and isolated, what chance do those of us who are only marginally witty (and aren't even in the running for rest) have?

Otherwise, I see that this Player's Retreat of yours has my bourbon, so I cannot object to it in good conscience.
So I totally rocked guitar hero this afternoon, but it looks like everyone missed it. *pout* Oh well...there is always next year.

There is always next weekend.....
Cary, NC: Rock Hall of Fame Benefit Concert

http://www.rockhallbenefit.com

I'll be there both days.
I wouldn't mind meeting some new people, since I don't really get out enough.

But when I say I'm shy, it's an understatement. BIG time. Um...oh btw, hi or some junk. lol
I'm moving back to the east coast in March so lets have a meet and greet after that. I need some sort of assurance that I'm not the only atheist there
how are u people shy? atheist are usually outspoken and 100% honest..........sheesh
stop worrying about what other people think...................f&*$ em if the don't like it lol
I would be all for the meet and greet but now i'm not sure after the first 2 posts i read here
I'm game! I just moved to Raleigh from the NC coast and would love to meet some Triangle area free thinking heathens! : )
Hi- I'm Heather and I'm the founder of the Greensboro Atheist Organization (greensboroatheist.com and meetup.com/herdingcats) and we meet regularly here so if anyone wants to join us head over to our meetup page and sign up to RSVP or check out our facebook page- events are listed there as well: http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=359845662716
I live in Waxhaw, about 30 to 50 minutes away from Charlotte, depending.
I am very much interested in meeting other atheists so if anyone lives near there or the Greensboro/Winston-Salem/High Point "triangle" and doesn't mind the journey, we should plan a meeting!
Any atheist families in New Bern or near New Bern?

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

Latest Activity

Future replied to jay H's discussion What the freakin hell is wrong with this country???
1 hour ago
Loren Miller replied to jay H's discussion What the freakin hell is wrong with this country???
2 hours ago
Michael Penn commented on nikki summers's blog post atheist billboard
2 hours ago
Michael Penn replied to jay H's discussion What the freakin hell is wrong with this country???
2 hours ago
John Jubinsky posted photos
2 hours ago
Loren Miller commented on Loren Miller's blog post Is god good?
3 hours ago
Joan Denoo replied to Grinning Cat's discussion Greta Christina: Why Being Liberal Really Is Better Than Being Conservative in the group Politics, Economics, and Religion
6 hours ago
Tom Sarbeck replied to Grinning Cat's discussion Greta Christina: Why Being Liberal Really Is Better Than Being Conservative in the group Politics, Economics, and Religion
7 hours ago
Grinning Cat replied to Grinning Cat's discussion Greta Christina: Why Being Liberal Really Is Better Than Being Conservative in the group Politics, Economics, and Religion
7 hours ago
Luara replied to Daniel W's discussion Are same sex marriages more stable than so-called traditional marriages? in the group LGBTQI atheists, nontheists, and friends
7 hours ago
sk8eycat replied to Joan Denoo's discussion The Bible is not Great by Soren Sagan in the group ORIGINS: UNIVERSE, LIFE, HUMANKIND, AND DARWIN
7 hours ago
Joan Denoo replied to Grinning Cat's discussion Greta Christina on "Why Being Liberal Really Is Better Than Being Conservative" in the group Politics, Economics, and Religion
7 hours ago

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service