I was wondering if anyone would be interested in planning a meeting at a local restaurant. I've noticed most of us live near the Triangle (Raleigh/Durham/Chapel Hill), or the Triad (Greensboro/Winston-Salem/High Point). It doesn't have to be anytime soon, but I think it would be interesting if were able to meet in a non-virtual forum a month or two down the road.

Thoughts? Ideas? Concerns? etc...?

Views: 68

Replies to This Discussion

Atheists are shy :-)
I'm not particularly shy, at least not in general, but I am wary of meeting people.

Did that even make sense?
shy maybe lol....boerd more than less
I'm shy too! That's the thing...I'm trying to not be shy.

I'm wary of meeting new people too, that's why I think a public place like a big restaurant would be nice. Not that I think any of you are rapists.. ;) but you could be a xtian in disguise.. j/k
That's too far away for me...I'm closer to Greenville.
That is a great idea! I'd love to meet up with local non-believers. Depending on other people's interest, I think we should do it in a couple of months or so. I live in the Triad but wouldn't mind traveling to the Triangle to meet up. I have a cousin that lives there and several friends that go to Chapel Hill so I could even stay over night if it was a meeting later in the day.
A meetup would be a great idea if we could get enough people in on it.
I think so... all I meet these day are church-goers, and they are really annoying... I'm thinking a restaurant or pub, I think everyone here is of the legal drinking age.

Hmm..
Hibernian in Cary & Raleigh
Sushi-Thai - Cary
Mellow Mushroom - Raleigh
One of the many Ale House's scattered about the place..

*shrugs*
Hell, I can probably walk home drunk from the Ale House in Cary.

There's a Canadian place, Jack Astors, in the same complex as the Cary Ale House, too. They've got a nice bar. And there Canadian, eh?
silly Canadian's...

As long as the bar has Guinness we're golden. :)
Woodchuck amber cider by chance?
Well, if you want Guinness there's Tir na nOg and Flying Saucer both in Raleigh. Flying Saucer might be a bit too noisy though.

RSS

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service