Demon Dog: Olga Horvat Claims Her Poodle Was Possessed -- And She's Got Something To Sell You

Demon Dog: Olga Horvat Claims Her Poodle Was Possessed -- And She's Got Something To Sell You

Are your children misbehaving at school? Are your loved ones suffering from medical ailments? Is your home infested with bedbugs?

If you answered yes to all of these questions, you'll be happy to know that there's a simple reason you are experiencing these seemingly unrelated misfortunes: Your dog is possessed by a demon.

And, thankfully, there's a simple solution: A $197 pendant sold by a woman who claims her poodle was inhabited by a demonic spirit.

But wait, there's more!

New York artist Olga Horvat started designing demon-deterring accessories after she adopted Princess, a pure-bred toy poodle that she credits -- or blames -- for literally tearing her life into pieces.

Horvat claims that soon after Princess arrived in her home, bad luck befell the family, including a bedbug infestation that led to $7,000 in exterminator fees from her co-op as well as legal fees to fight an eviction.

In addition, her husband was in a serious car accident and came down with a rare autoimmune disease called Churg-Strauss Syndrome. Then Horvat's daughter was almost expelled from second grade for offending classmates with an action that was perceived to be bigoted when she put on a rubber glove then grabbed the bare hand of a Muslim friend -- an action the child blames on a strange voice she heard in her head.

Meanwhile, Princess herself suffered a broken leg that did not respond well to treatment.

Horvat says her family's misfortunes are all linked to the tiny white pooch that just happened to be possessed. [continue]

Tags: con artists, demon possession, nonsense, poodles, scams

Views: 475

Replies to This Discussion

*Cries*

What can you expect of people who think there was a first woman created from one of a first man's rib who later conversed with a talking snake and was punished by the same god who supposedly condemned Sodomy but told Lot to screw his daughters, &c.?  These people are so Jesus hungry they see him in bread and not only don't eat it, they put it in glass and charge admission to view the "miracle."  They want to make zygotes "persons" and don't complain when the Supreme Court makes corporations persons, too.  They are lost souls.

So right you are James! What can you expect when they believe nonsense.

Interesting the article stated, "Jim Underdown of the Center for Inquiry Los Angeles, has a bone to pick with the question of whether demonic possession exists at all. "The only people who get possessed by demons -- and subsequently cured -- are those who believe it's possible," he told HuffPost Weird News. "You never hear about it happening to atheists.""

This reminds me of research done on learned helplessness.  It is easy to learn helplessness, very difficult to unlearn it but once unlearned, it is very difficult to relearn it.  I wonder if it is very easy to learn faith and belief, very difficult to unlearn it, but once unlearned it is very difficult to relearn it.?

Good analogy, Joan. I don't see how people can go from a state of unbelief to a state of belief. There is a directionality to existence. You can't put the omlette back into the egg shell, so to speak.

What confuses me is the Iranian women going back into the Chador after freedom from it under the Shaw.  I know they pay a terrible price for not doing so in Iran, but years ago I read an interview of a USA university professor who wore a Chador by choice; obviously educated, free from Islamic tyranny, setting an example for other Iranian women in USA. 

It's because "ideas" are stronger than reason. Sad to say.

Wait a freaking minute! This hoodoo snake oil peddling moron is getting confirmation from one Joshua Warren, author of Pet Ghosts with "his background in the paranormal?"  

"I say, Watson.  It appears this ant farm has been invaded by spooks, haints, goblins, and ... Wait a minute.  By Jove, is that a bit of troll residue under the miniature bridge?"

"Jolly good Holmes. Professor Bug Nutter in the Department of Leprauchology will want to investigate this."

From the gripping tale of The Case of the Missing Cerebral Cortex.

"Jolly good Holmes. Professor Bug Nutter in the Department of Leprauchology will want to investigate this."

From the gripping tale of The Case of the Missing Cerebral Cortex.

Brilliant! Hahahahaha!

So she pays to print the book and have these pendants made. I wonder if she's managed to recoup her losses from the 4 months she had the dog? I can see people buying the book, but the pendant? 

I would think she would get rid of that fucking dog.  My dog is certainly not possessed I am, however, not sure about my cat.   Rubbing tuna fish in my hair does seem to hold her demonic possession at bay - it's a special tuna fish available at $129.99 a can plus S&H  Call now.

Jim, you are so funny ... I can't stop laughing at the thought of your cat and that tuna oil in your hair. I won't be calling.!

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service