Anyone interested in talking about books that may have nothing at all to do with La Causa, just interesting, good books? Like Pynchon, or Elmore Leonard or Alice Walker or Dave Barry or Chaucer?

Views: 21

Replies to This Discussion

Well, I'm stuck in the middle of Finnegans Wake!
I just finished re-reading Invisible Man By Ellsion
I had to read it in High school and I liked it, but I just didn't feel like I was able to give it the time it deserved so I read it again and it is a very good book. I have also recently re-read The Great Gatsby and A Tale of Two Cities Both of those were much better the second time around!
I read 1984 just a bit ago. This was my third or fourth attempt to read it, but this time I did enjoy it, sometimes it just takes being in a different moment in your life to enjoy a book a guess. If anyone has read 1984 (and I am sure many people have read it!) I wouldn't mind a discussion about it!
Loved A Tale of Two Cities. I read it back to back when it was assigned in high school. I loved it.
I just started my periodic rereading of Huckleberry Finn. One of my favorite books.
I really enjoy Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance (don't worry not a lot of mechanical knowledge required for this, but philosophy is another matter) and Stephen King's The Dark Tower series.
Yes, the Pirsig book is absolutely outstanding in many ways.
Heh, i studied chaucer at uni. I'm in the middle of a jill paton walsh book which is really good.

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service