Update#2: Thread is now closed! The winner is: Cat's Cradle, with 20 points. Get reading everyone, the discussion will start on August 23rd!
Update: poll will close on Monday instead of Sunday!
Here's how you vote:
List 3 books, starting with the book you'd like to read the most, then the book you'd like to read the second most, etc. Number them in order of preference!
1. Cat's Cradle by Kurt Vonnegut
2. Sophie's Choice by William Styron
3. Alas, Babylon by Pat Frank
The books will be assigned points based on the position: the first choice gets 3 points, the second 2, and the third 1 point. I will calculate the totals when voting is done.
You have until Monday evening to vote. One vote per person.
The nominees are:
* Alas, Babylon by Pat Frank
* Desert of the Heart by Jane Rule
* Dune by Frank Herbert
* Lolita by Vladimir Nabokov
* Cat's Cradle by Kurt Vonnegut
* Great Expectations by Charles Dickens
* Raise High the Roof Beam, Carpenters by J.D. Salinger
* Sophie's Choice by William Styron
* Catch-22 by Joseph Heller