The title says it all - tell us which book(s) you're currently reading, and what you think so far.

Views: 71

Replies to This Discussion

Recently finished 'Armageddon in Retrospect' by Vonnegut. Great read!

Also 'Smashed' by Koren Zailckas and 'Dry' by Augusten Burroughs, both about recovery.

Currently reading 'Breaking the Spell' by Dennett. May have to reread this one, I've been reading it during breaks at work and keep losing my grip on the material. It has some excellent insights on our capacity for believing in weird things.
I just started reading Yale University's Masters of American Comics...it's a gorgeous book, especially if--like me--you're addicted to comics anthologies.
Sex,Drugs & DNA-Michael Stebbins.
Atheism,The Case Against God-George H. Smith
I also recommend, Surely,You're Joking Mr.Feynman by Richard Feynman.
In reading The Singularity is Near by Ray Kurzweil.
And i was wondering what you skeptics have to say about his theory.
I am currently reading Dragons of a Lost Star. I must say I love reading Dragonlance.
I just finished (about an hour ago in fact) a book titled "Big Bang: The Origin of the Universe" by Simon Singh (which i have to admit was fairly decent), and have just started "In Search of Memory" by Eric Kandel. Aside from that I am in the middle of Terry Goodkinds "Wizard's First Rule", and I am close to finishing up "Consciousness Explained" by Daniel Dennet.
Currently reading off and on a number of books, but here are the top three:

The End of America, by Naomi Wolf. She outlines the growing fascist rule of government under especially book. She went back and studied all the fascist dictatorships and discovered the similarities between how they developed and what has been taking place in this country in the last 8-10 years.

Atheism Explained: From Folly to Philosophy, by David Steele. Goes deeper than Dawkins and Hitchens on the philosophical arguments.

CSS: The Missing Manual: Trying to learn some coding language. Great tutorial book.
I just started reading The Name of the Rose by Umberto Eco. Not sure what to make of it so far.
I'm currently reading Hogfather by Terry Prachett. I started with the Death series, but can't wait to go back and read the other 20 or so many books.
Ah, Terry Pratchett :) Brilliant. I've been meaning to reread them all, in the right order this time...
i am reading FOUNDATIONS by issac asimov
I just finished 'TRUTH' by Clarence Williams. At 120 pages it's a light and fast read, ideal outreach literature. Everyone should buy multiple copies to plant in public places. Leave them on buses, benches, laundromats, hotel rooms, church pews behind the hymnals, etc.

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

AJY

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service