The title says it all - tell us which book(s) you're currently reading, and what you think so far.

Views: 71

Replies to This Discussion

I am reading the Bible and Asimov's Guide To the Bible (parts of each, that is) as I am working on Revelations, my set of poems that reveal the real story behind all those Bible stories. These are meant to be alternately funny, ironic, educational, etc., but I want it all to be authoritatively based on the original (at least one of them) text.
I'm currently reading the hitchhikers guide series for the first time. It's definitely one of the best pieces of literature I've put raked my eyes across.
I just finished Mickey Hart's Spirit into Sound: The Magic of Music, and am starting Aaron Copland's What to Listen for in Music.
I am currently reading 3 books as follows:

Warped Passages: Unraveling the Mysteries of the Universe's Hidden ... by Lisa Randall

Death by Black Hole: And Other Cosmic Quandaries by Neil deGrasse Tyson

Big Bang: The Origin of the Universe by Simon Singh

So far the book by Dr. Tyson is the best - utterly captivating. It is a collection of his essays from Nature magazine.
The Stranger - Albert Camus
My co-workers bought it for me for my Birthday, so far very interesting read, very unique writing style! *of course not sure if that was the intention of the author or the translation...?
I'm currently reading Ulysses by James Joyce.
I tried to read Ulysses so many times. I failed. I've totally given up.
You should try reading it again.
I'm finally down to the last 114 pages; it's been quite challenging, to say the least.
Hey, me too, but slowly. How's it going?
I'm reading Dragonsong by Anne McCaffrey. I have been on an Anne McCaffrey kick ever since I finished reading Douglas Adams' The Salmon of Doubt. My dad has been reading McCaffrey's books since she started.
Still reading Atlas Shrugged. I absolutely love it! I have noticed, though, that the main male/female characters are nearly the exact same male/female characters in The Fountainhead (at least as far as their relationship is concerned). Not that I'm disappointed - it just gives me a little more insight into the nuts and bolts of Ayn Rand (perhaps). Cat's Cradle will arrive tomorrow (Tuesday), so I'll have to put Atlas... down for a bit.

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

AJY

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service