All Discussions Tagged 'fiction' (11)

← Back to Nexus Book Club
Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Raven’s Gate, by Anthony Horowitz

Raven’s Gate, by Anthony Horowitz I ran across this audio book at the library, not knowing anything about it or the author. But it was t…

Started by A Former Member

0 May 18, 2012

The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time, by Mark Hadden

I don't read much fiction, as I'm typically disappointed with the style of writing with many popular authors. But I ran across The Curio…

0 Nov 1, 2011

Revisiting "The Lottery"

Spoiler alert: The conclusion to “The Lottery” is revealed in this article. If you’re not familiar with this very short story, take time to…

3 Feb 24, 2011
Reply by stephen

Ishmael, by Daniel Quinn

Ishmael, by Daniel Quinn A great idea poorly executed. I really had high hopes for this book. The subject matter—a talking gorilla who re…

9 Oct 24, 2010
Reply by A Former Member

Atheist Fiction

I am starting to make notes and do research for a novel, whose plot will follow the adaption of the protagonist from a theist position to a…

Started by Phillip A. Ellis

12 Oct 11, 2010
Reply by Randy Reed

Viddy this, o’ my brothers: A Clockwork Orange (Audio Book)

I’ve seen this movie more times than I can remember. Back when cable first became popular, they would play the same movie over and over a…

3 May 19, 2010
Reply by Sinead Murphy

Fellowship of the Ring Audiobook

I’m in the middle of listening to Fellowship of the Ring as read by Rob Inglis. It’s not bad. He does a decent job, but listening to the…

2 May 7, 2010
Reply by A Former Member

"The Upper Berth," by F. Marion Crawford

As we approach Halloween I thought it might be fun to begin posting some of my favorite short stories about the supernatural. This story is…

0 Oct 12, 2009

Science-fiction's subversive side

In an NPR podcast, science fiction author James Gunn and science fiction editor Amy H. Sturgis discuss the genre's origins and its subversi…

Started by Aiden

0 Sep 25, 2009

The Haunting of Hill House, by Shirley Jackson

The Haunting of Hill House is one of my favorite books. I’ve read it several times, and I have listened to it read aloud, and watched the…

3 Dec 30, 2008
Reply by Calla

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service