All Discussions Tagged 'books' (21)

← Back to Nexus Book Club
Discussions Replies Latest Activity

The Drunkard's Walk: How Randomness Rules Our Lives, by Leonard Mlodinow

This is a must-read, but I'm not going to embarrass myself by trying to write a review. Instead, I'm going to post someone else's. This f…

Started by A Former Member

5 Jun 16, 2013
Reply by Keith Brian Johnson

Predictably Irrational: The Hidden Forces That Shape Our Decisions, by Dan Ariely

This has been on my list for some time, and I finally got around to listening to the audio book. Fascinating book. It is informative, funny…

2 May 18, 2012
Reply by A Former Member

Raven’s Gate, by Anthony Horowitz

Raven’s Gate, by Anthony Horowitz I ran across this audio book at the library, not knowing anything about it or the author. But it was t…

0 May 18, 2012

I Don't Believe in Atheists, by Chris Hedges

I do not know a lot about Chris Hedges, but he has always struck me as a very decent man who is genuinely concerned about the welfare of hi…

7 Jan 7, 2012
Reply by D.O.S

Brain Bugs: How the Brain’s Flaws Shape Our Lives, by Dean Buonomano

I’m just going to provide a quick review for this book. First, let me start with a description from Amazon.com:With its trillions of connec…

0 Nov 10, 2011

The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time, by Mark Hadden

I don't read much fiction, as I'm typically disappointed with the style of writing with many popular authors. But I ran across The Curio…

0 Nov 1, 2011

On Being Certain: Believing You Are Right Even When You're Not

How do we know what we know? And how do we know that we are correct? Typically, when we feel that we are correct.In On Being Certain, neuro…

4 Jul 30, 2011
Reply by A Former Member

Jesus Potter Harry Christ - Free Review Copy!

I've recently published a book comparing Jesus to Harry Potter in order to identify the mythic elements of the gospels. Although several bo…

Started by Derek Murphy

0 Apr 25, 2011

Life, Sex and Ideas: The Good Life Without God, by AC Grayling

Life, Sex and Ideas: The Good Life Without God, by AC Grayling A review by Dallas Gaytheist If, from reading this book’s tagline, you were…

2 Mar 25, 2011
Reply by Donegal

Dirt: The Erosion of Civilizations, by David. R. Montgomery

Dirt: The Erosion of Civilizations, by David. R. Montgomery I’ll have to give both a thumbs up and a thumbs down to this book. It sounds…

0 Nov 20, 2010

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

AJY

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service