All Discussions Tagged 'book' (9)

← Back to Nexus Book Club
Discussions Replies Latest Activity

The Atheist Book Club @GoodReads.com

If anyone is interested, I'm part of an atheist book club on GoodReads.  We're currently reading The End of Faith by Sam Harris and getting…

Started by Donegal

8 Mar 28, 2012
Reply by Jessica

The Book of Dave

A novel by Will Self. The story of how the psychotic ramblings of a London cabbie become the basis of a new religion, Daveinanity, in a cha…

Started by Ian Mason

2 Dec 23, 2010
Reply by Howard Thomas

Viddy this, o’ my brothers: A Clockwork Orange (Audio Book)

I’ve seen this movie more times than I can remember. Back when cable first became popular, they would play the same movie over and over a…

Started by A Former Member

3 May 19, 2010
Reply by Sinead Murphy

The Meme Machine, by Susan Blackmore

I just finished reading The Meme Machine. Finally! I’ve been so busy lately that it took me forever. This is a very good book, and perhap…

1 Mar 30, 2010
Reply by Richard Goscicki

Martyrs and Me

Martyrs and Me I grew up very slowly in the country, obsessively shielded from the nasty details of life and death -- except for stories l…

0 Nov 3, 2009

Google to bring rare books to paperback

You will soon be able to print your own copy of rare and hard-to-find books thanks to a deal between Google and On Demand Books, the maker…

Started by Aiden

3 Sep 28, 2009
Reply by Johnny

"ALPHA, OMEGA" - New Novel Exposes Religion as Addiction

SEATTLE, Washington—Fresh from the keyboard of science-thriller writer Lori Stephens, Alpha, Omega is—like Dan Brown’s The Da Vinci Code—fi…

Started by Lori Stephens

1 Nov 12, 2008
Reply by Фелч Гроган

Logical Fallacies - looking for a good book

I figured this might be a good place to ask. I'm having trouble finding a good general book on the topic that's still in print. I've foun…

Started by Paul

7 Nov 4, 2008
Reply by Paul

Official list of nominations for the August Book Club book (Classics)

This thread is now closed! As the title says, nominate a book to be read by the members of the book club in August. The category for this…

Started by Calla

17 Jul 18, 2008
Reply by Sarah

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

AJY

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service