All Discussions Tagged 'books' (21)

← Back to Nexus Book Club
Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Ishmael, by Daniel Quinn

Ishmael, by Daniel Quinn A great idea poorly executed. I really had high hopes for this book. The subject matter—a talking gorilla who re…

Started by A Former Member

9 Oct 24, 2010
Reply by A Former Member

Amusing Ourselves to Death, by Neil Postman

Amusing Ourselves to Death, by Neil Postman   I read this book this past summer, and meant to post a review, but kind of forgot about it.…

0 Sep 13, 2010

The Lives of Jack London

THINK is a local radio program that I like very much--lots of interesting discussions.  - DG   The Lives of Jack LondonHe prospected for go…

0 Jul 27, 2010

The Lives of Jack London

Yet another great podcast from Think that I have not had time to listen to in its entirety. Just passing along for those who might be inter…

0 Jul 23, 2010

Truly unusal bedtime books (also in Parenting Little Heathens)

I was trying to get a feel for the vastness of the market involving books for children and ran across <a href="http://ajourneyroundmysku…

Started by Michelle

0 Jul 20, 2010

The Man Who Wrote Lord of the Flies

I haven't had a chance to listen to this podcast yet, but this program always has such an interesting show, and I thought some of you guys…

4 Jul 16, 2010
Reply by Geraldo Cienmarcos

NPR | Neil Gaiman Asks: Heard Any Good Books Lately?

I really love listening to audiobooks because I can do it at work, in the car, or while doing chores. Of course, fiction is easier to follo…

8 Dec 29, 2009
Reply by A Former Member

The Blood Countess, by Andrei Codrescu

The Blood Countess, by Andrei Codrescu I’ve actually never read this book, but I have it on cassette tape, and have listened to it more…

8 Nov 13, 2009
Reply by A Former Member

Ishmael: An Adventure of the Mind and Spirit

Has anyone ever read this? It sounds possibly quite interesting. Ishmael: An Adventure of the Mind and Spirit Let's Begin With A Questi…

2 May 15, 2009
Reply by A Former Member

The Patriot in the Stacks

The Patriot in the Stacks April 17, 2009 Director of the American Library Association’s Office for Intellectual Freedom for more than 40…

0 Apr 21, 2009

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service