I don't know how I missed this, but it's very disappointing to see this in our own state.

http://www.koat.com/news/30421128/detail.html

Views: 56

Replies to This Discussion

Wow. Here's to hoping the ACLU wins that fight and sets a good precedent in our state. And hoping that no one gets treated like Jessica Ahlquist did after standing up for something like this. 

I really hope the ACLU does win this.  They have a really good case.  This is such a blatant disregard for the Constitution.  It looks like the two people who requested it's removal are remaining anonymous and for good reason.  The comments on KOAT alone are pretty saddening, but its nothing as awful as what Jessica Ahlquist has had to deal with. 

Oh, this is wrong. We have the same type of monstrosity here in Tucumcari, but ours is one of the original ones put up in the 60's by the Fraternal Order of Eagles like in Austin, TX. The TX supreme court said There's could stay because it was "historical and not religious". Bull hockey anyway, but this one in Bloomfield has last years date on it. Clearly unconstitutional.

Bloomfield's not even the county seat, that would be Aztec.

I did a little more Google searching and found that this monument was put up and dedicated back in July, 2011.  I couldn't believe it!  The complaint dates back to before it was even put up and they went ahead and put it up anyway. 

It's unfortunate that they won't take down the one in Tucumcari.  I didn't know that one existed either.  I'll bet there are things here in Albuquerque that I don't even know about.  I wish I had more time to do some research.

That's unfortunate.

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

AJY

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service