Hey Guys

I've decided to put together some questions for believers and non believers alike. It's mainly for my own personal benefit to see what different people believe.

Do you have any questions that you may want to ask? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

I intend to ask

Someone who has never thought nor cared about what they believe

An 'Atheist' who doesn't believe in god, but might be open to the idea of a 'force' (starwars)

A Gnostic Atheist, who questions the posibility of life being seeded (not Raelean)

A spiritulist who thinks of the universe as one

An Agnostic Theist who does not attend church (personal belief)

A Liberal Theist

And I was thinking about talking to a priest or Pastor. But I don't know if I have the nerve for that!

I will also ask myself the same questions at the end of it. I consider myself an (Agnostic *cough cough*) Atheist and would like to think that I am capable of being a skeptic.

Got any ideas anyone? :)

Views: 18

Replies to This Discussion

I'd ask people what role they think parental beliefs, and community beliefs, played in forming their specific beliefs.
I like that one :)

I consider myself a pantheistic atheist. I feel the woo and the awe, but I accept that it is a feeling and not evidence that there is anything supernatural. I don't see how a deity and what we know about the universe can co-exist. That said, the universe is vast and beyond full comprehension. Of all the godlike attributes that mankind has come up with, only the universe itself can meet such. However, personifying the universe does little, in the end, save attempting to connect on some level of our psyche as humans. I do have to wonder if religion came about due to the disconnect that human society has in regards to the rest of nature. Feel free to ask me things, if you wish.

I'd want to ask why (some) theists are so affronted by the mere thought that not believing in a deity is such a terrible thing.

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

MJ

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service