I am a fiddler!

Views: 63

Replies to This Discussion

Used to play sax

I played the accordion a little when I was very young and learned to strum a few cords on a classical guitar in my 20s.  Wish I had kept at it.

You could take them up again and we could start an AN band :D

I play alto saxophone.  I was a saxophone major in college.  These days I play in a community band.  I actually own a piano but it sits in my living room collecting dust.  I had piano lessons as a kid but I was never really a good player.  It was my introduction to playing music, though.   

Not many replies. Atheists don't tend to be musical?

I don't play an instrument, though I wish I could. I tried a few things as a kid.

Interesting you should say that, I've been thinking about the musicians I know, and many do indeed go to church!

Never too old to learn an instrument ;)

I suspect many children are introduced to, or given ongoing practice for, music by the church.

Namely piano, & organ.

Love music!!! I have a large music collection of many styles. I got dentures at age 18, & could never so much as blow a balloon anymore so sax was out.....not to mention not enough talent.

Plenty of instruments out there which don't involve blowing anything ;)

Still not talented enough. I've tried guitar, drums, & keyboards, but didn't take to them.

Musicians love an appreciative audience!! 

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

AJY

Latest Activity

Ceil replied to Ceil's discussion Please help me maintain some sanity... It just isn't true!
4 minutes ago
Patricia replied to Sentient Biped's discussion More than 30,000 Nexus members. Where are they?
6 minutes ago
Idaho Spud replied to Sentient Biped's discussion More than 30,000 Nexus members. Where are they?
9 minutes ago
Patricia replied to Joe's discussion Atheist TV Officially Launches; David Silverman Criticizes History Channel for Presenting Bible as History in the group Atheist News
19 minutes ago
Idaho Spud replied to Sentient Biped's discussion More than 30,000 Nexus members. Where are they?
20 minutes ago
Susan Stanko replied to Joe's discussion S.E. Cupp: I’m a ‘Better’ Atheist than Bill Maher in the group Atheist News
23 minutes ago
Loren Miller replied to Joe's discussion Atheist TV Officially Launches; David Silverman Criticizes History Channel for Presenting Bible as History in the group Atheist News
37 minutes ago
Joan Denoo replied to Joan Denoo's discussion Here are the highlights of Justice Ginsburg’s fiery Hobby Lobby dissent
38 minutes ago
Joan Denoo replied to Joan Denoo's discussion ‘There are no wild cows’: Neil deGrasse Tyson slams ‘fear factor’ over GMOs
40 minutes ago
Grinning Cat liked Joan Denoo's discussion The cost of masculine crime
1 hour ago
Grinning Cat liked Ruth Anthony-Gardner's discussion Eat vegetables, Be happy
1 hour ago
Ruth Anthony-Gardner replied to Ruth Anthony-Gardner's discussion Methane, more scary than we thought in the group Eco-Logical: A Group for Environmentalists
1 hour ago

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service