Post your favorite classical and orchestra.

Views: 553

Replies to This Discussion

Yes, Tony, Appalachian Spring is beautiful beyond words. 

YouTube part one

YouTube part two

http://youtu.be/N00XKtROddc

Antonio Vivaldi, The Storm. For you guys, FA and James. One of my favorite Vivaldi pieces. Enjoy.

Yes, another masterpiece by Vivaldi. The guy was a genius.

Thanks Tony.  The Four Seasons is one of my all time favorite pieces.  There's something about Vivaldi's music that really seduces me.  It has a yearning melancholy and introspective quality to it.  My recording here at home is by The English Concert with Simon Standage and Trevor Pinnock played on period instruments.   

Reading the bio on Vivaldi, they say alot of musicians in the metal category were influenced by him. Can believe that.

I wrote a paper on Vivaldi in college.  He was actually a priest, and although he was supposed to be celibate, he was sexually active with the ladies, but the church looked the other way because of his superior musical abilities and the fame he brought to the girl's orchestra at the orphanage where he directed. 

Someone on one of the videos commented that he was  banned from leading mass because he was infamous for leaving service to work on his music.

True.  If he got a musical idea or motif in his head, he'd leave the service and go write it down. 

Tchaikovsky's ability to tell a story with his music is amazing. Thank you for posting Steph.

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

AJY

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service