My attendance at the Reason Rally has recently come into question.  You see, I'm an avid fantasy baseball fan and our draft, which was originally slated for March 31st, got moved to March 24th, noon.  As if blessed by God (sarcasm, obviously), one of my league mates cannot do that day.  It appears as though it's being moved to March 17th, which means I get to go to DC and attend the world's largest secular event EVER!  I feel like a little kid who was told that Christmas was cancelled, only to find out that my parents were fucking with me! 

Oh, and keeping with the spirit of this group, I'm also excited for my upcoming draft.  I've got a slew of good, young, cheap keepers:

Brett Lawrie ($5)

Desmond Jennings ($1)

Freddie Freeman ($4)

Jose Bautista ($5)

Finally, as an introduction, I must proclaim my Phillies fandom.  I have lived in Philly since '92, and it's great to be in the Golden Age of Phillies baseball.  Go Phils!!

Views: 26

Replies to This Discussion

Welcome to the group! I am a Dodger fan born and raised. I can't wait till the season opens. If I were to have a 'religion' (LOL) it would have to be baseball.

I like those pics, especially Bautista, what a player!

I'll try and keep the standings up to date once the season starts and they are available!

yeah, i got Bautista 2 years ago and locked him up for 2 years at that price.  i can still keep him next year but he'll cost $15.  still worth it. 

Dodgers have some nice pieces, but i'm not sure they're ready to make the playoffs.  kemp and kershaw are a nice foundation. 

Hey if you're interested I started a fantasy baseball league here in this group. If your interested! Here's the website http://games.espn.go.com/flb/leagueoffice?leagueId=35579 so if you are interested the draft doesn't start until April 1, 2012. Their will prizes for the Championship, and other Awards! So I hope you will get involved!

I don't do fantasy league stuff, but I do love baseball.  I grew up watching the Royals, when they were actually a major league caliber team, not the best place to pick the scraps or new talent cheap.  I live in St. Louis(Go Cards!) which is a beer town in need of an intervention for the baseball addiction, so I fit right in there.

I used to believe in all sorts of crap, you know, like that the designated hitter was a good thing....

hey, sorry for the late reply.  so far so good.  we have a weekly prize for "best week" (based on roto) which i won in week 2.  mostly my team is living up to expectations.  we're h2h also, but not points, which can be turbulent based on matchups. 

i've got Bonafacio and Joyce on my bench, which i'm going to change starting next week.  time to sub out some of the disappointments. 

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

AJY

Latest Activity

Freethinker31 commented on WayneO's blog post And the Evening and the Morning Were the Fourth Day
2 minutes ago
Kelvin Hilerio replied to satyam dangi's discussion Do we need to change the entire spectrum of human civilization ?
3 minutes ago
Freethinker31 replied to Christine's discussion What exactly is "sin" anyway??
11 minutes ago
Kelvin Hilerio posted a status
"About to play Tearaway later 2night!"
16 minutes ago
Christine posted a discussion
20 minutes ago
Freethinker31 replied to Joan Denoo's discussion My gravesite inscription
21 minutes ago
Will-I Am S. replied to scott martins's discussion IS EVERYBODY 100% POSITIVE THERE IS NO GOD?
24 minutes ago
Freethinker31 replied to Joan Denoo's discussion How Creationists in Texas Are Pressuring Schoolbook Publishers to Bring God into Biology
29 minutes ago
Malcolm Grant Hutton replied to Malcolm Grant Hutton's discussion Impossible Numbers in the Bible in the group Christian Biblical Errancy Debate
30 minutes ago
Freethinker31 liked Joan Denoo's discussion How Creationists in Texas Are Pressuring Schoolbook Publishers to Bring God into Biology
31 minutes ago
Joseph P replied to Joe's discussion The IRS Says It Will Finally Enforce the Rules Barring Pastors from Endorsing Candidates from the Pulpit in the group Atheist News
36 minutes ago
Kelvin Hilerio replied to Joan Denoo's discussion How Creationists in Texas Are Pressuring Schoolbook Publishers to Bring God into Biology
41 minutes ago

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service