Post your favorite quotes on language here. If you don’t have any to post, select “follow” anyhow so that you can be notified when others post.

This should fun!

Tags: English, grammar, language, quotes, speech, words

Views: 80

Replies to This Discussion

ooouh, it is...
...sitting in front of the fridge, waiting for his "stupid" human master to open a can of dogs food, payed by (it´s masters) hard and sour earned money, doing nothing the whole day than fooling and sniffing around, having fun with other dogs or ripping it´s masters favorite flip-flops in shreds is surely smarter than crouching to work every morning to bring up the money for the luxury pet...:-)))
...must be a fact; otherwise a child, born as a deaf and mute one could not exist (no chance to learn or hear words, but still must have thoughts...)
...for example : you see a red door, naming it "a red door", but next person looking at the same door has a little bit different impression of it, but naming it "a red door". The two people talking to each other about the same door, using the term "a red door", athough each of them has a slightly different view of the same door. We only agreed to use words and language as a common framework to describe our views and thoughts in a commonly understandable way to each other, but that´s never exact the samwe as our brains are cooking off. The only way to share exact thoughts would be telepathy, otherwise there´s always a subjective interpreting...
We are masters of the unsaid words, but slaves of those we let slip out. - Winston Churchill
Brilliant! Sir Winston is da man!
Wonderful quote. So very true.
Paul Tilich: “Language has created the word loneliness to express the pain of being alone and the word solitude to express the glory of being alone.”
"...and the word singleness to express the freedom of being alone."
mais naturellement!
"I speak two languages: Body and English."

--Mae West
Hehehe! That's a good one.
I wonder how fluent she considered herself to be, though :-)
I suspect she was more fluent in body.

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service