I thought it would be fun to have a place for everyone to post what they are having for supper on any given day.  I would be very interested to learn what different people typically have for supper.  Maybe I will get some new ideas to spice up my repretoire.  So go ahead and post what you are having for supper.  It doesn't matter if it is very simple or gourmet or somewhere in between.

Tonight I am making split pea soup.  No other dishes.  If anyone is still hungry after their soup then can eat fruit.

Views: 35

Replies to This Discussion

Do you do all your veggies on the grill too?
Yup, i even bake cookies and pies (too much airflow for cakes) and I love brushing a little extra virgin olive oil (I do not like Rachel Ray so I refuse to use evoo for short) on thick slices of young eggplant and hitting them with seasalt and pepper mmmm tasty and watermelon is awesome just heated through.
So cool. I want one! The eggplant sounds great but I have never heard of heating watermelon. Hmm, not sure if I would like that.
Just warm it enough to release the sugars and juice
Tonight was: Organic spinach (a good start but that's as far as I got with the organic theme) with a broccoli salad concoction from a local deli (broccoli, dried cranberries, cashews and some kind of cheese/dressing thing) and Rosenborg Danish Bleu Cheese in Oil...Fuck Me Running. I mean to tell you that this cheese in oil stuff is so good that I would bathe in it. I had the meal with slices of sourdough baguette and Estampa Rose wine (cabernet sauvignon/syrah). This was followed by a chocolate covered toffee from a local sweet shop. OMGawd!
Wow, that sounds amazing. So this Bleu cheese in oil stuff--do you eat it straight or spread it on something or what?
I mainly use it in salads and pasta dishes. It makes a great pasta sauce all by itself. I usually add a bit of sherry or balsamic vinegar when I use it in salads. One example for pasta:
BTW, I'm single so I use 1 cup of dried pasta for this.

Steam some asparagus or broccoli
Cook some penne pasta
Place the bleu cheese in oil in a bowl and mash the cheese chunks
Add the pasta and the steamed veggies and stir to coat the pasta
Add some diced tomato if you like.

The bleu cheese in oil has lots of whole peppercorns in it and I mash those too.
That sounds yummy! I love bleu cheese.

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

MJ

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service