What Soft Drinks are Doing to Your Body

Soda, pop, cola, soft drink — whatever you call it, it is one of the worst beverages that you could be drinking for your health. As the debate for whether to put a tax on the sale of soft drinks continues, you should know how they affect your body so that you can make an informed choice on your own.

Soft drinks are hard on your health
Soft drinks contain little to no vitamins or other essential nutrients. However, it is what they do contain that is the problem: caffeine, carbonation, simple sugars — or worse, sugar substitutes — and often food additives such as artificial coloring, flavoring, and preservatives.

A lot of research has found that consumption of soft drinks in high quantity, especially by children, is responsible for many health problems that include tooth decay, nutritional depletion, obesity, type-2 diabetes, and heart disease.

Read the rest here. I don't drink that many soft drinks any more, but I do consume a lot of sugar in the form of chocolate and ice cream. Personally, I have no faith in sugar substitutes at all.

Tags: aspertame, beverages, caffeine, cola, drinks, health, nutition, obesity, pop, soda, More…soft drinks, sugar

Views: 14

Replies to This Discussion

'cause it's too strongly flavored. >.>

Isn't that the truth!

I drink crystal light, propel, orange juice, and water.

Have you tried the San Pelligrino Aranciata? Mineral water with a bit of OJ in it.

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

MJ

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service