Hey all.

Bit of a problem here. I don't know what I'm going to cook for dinner tonight.

It's just me eating, I don't mind cooking something big or something that takes a lot of work. I just want something interesting and fun to make.

I'm quite confident in my ability to cook so skill level required isn't much concern to me.

I'm doing my groceries today so ingredients aren't a limiting factor. I don't plan on going out to do that for another few hours, so yeah.

What do I cook tonight?

Tags: Rx

Views: 0

Replies to This Discussion

Tacos! Tacos! Tacos! Tacos! ?
I luvz me some tacos!
Where would I get the liquid component from?
Look for something that's now in season (better and cheaper), and that you love to eat.

Consider making something that will leave freezable leftovers, for a future date when you won't have enough time to cook, but still want to eat well.

Consider one dish meals (stews or salads) that don't require a lot of fussing or a lot of pots and dishes.

Basically, I'd recommend going to your favorite seasonal produce stand and look for inspiration there.
What's in season? ^(。_゜)^
Peaches, pears, nectarines, tomatoes, summer squash, green onions and leeks, chard, green beans, melons, peppers of all kinds and many other things. Find something/s fresh that you love. Stir fry or saute or BBQ it on skewers. Add protein by adding cheese, meat, fish and/or nuts to the recipe...or even rice & beans if you'd prefer. You don't really need a recipe if you're not baking something that requires delicate balance or timing.
With seasonal vegies and/or fruit, I'd opt for lightly cooking/searing/steaming to save more vitamins and flavor. The well cooked things can wait for winter when so little is fresh/cheap. If you're cooking meat or fish, you can wait until the protein is nearly cooked before adding the produce to the same pot or BBQ.
It's summer. Keep sauces light, or avoid adding them at all. Try sprinkling with lemon or lime or vinegar. Add a little garlic, salt and pepper.
Have a cool beer or sangria, and drink lots of water.
Pasta with Andouille Sausage, Chicken, and Parmesan

Uncooked Andouille sausage, decased, and sautéd till done
Chicken breast, panseared and diced
Pasta of your choice
Add some green olives or a little garlic, if you wish
Toss all together with a generous amount of olive oil
s/p
Top with shredded Parmesan cheese

Yummy! Keeps and reheats well, too.
Hot Dog! We have a wiener!

I'll be making this tonight. I'll probably be making tacos for when I make chili this weekend. Stew will be the staple for next week.

Thanks guys. Now to go buy delicious raw materials with which I shall perform my master-craft.
Forgot to mention you can add some fresh chopped parsley and oregano, too, if you like that.

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

MJ

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service