I've recently started cooking oven-roasted new potatoes. I first started out using extra-virgin olive oil, lemon juice, dried oregano leaves, and salt -- a recipe based on Greek potatoes I fixed once a long time ago.

I then started leaving out the lemon juice, and I discovered the potatoes were crisper on the outside (as opposed to softer). Nonetheless, they still tend to be a little chewy on the outside.

I'd kind of like to improve the recipe, so I'd love to hear how you prepare them.

My oven is pretty old and cheap, so I'm sure that doesn't help. A nice convection oven would be nice, but that is out of the question.

Tags: cooking, food, new potaotes, potatoes, recipes

Views: 55

Replies to This Discussion

I love oven roasted potatoes. Do you grow herbs? I just walk through the garden picking whatever appeals at the moment, wash and towel dry, chop them and sprinkle over the potatoes with olive oil. Use single herbs or a mixture ... delicious. Also lots of onion and garlic from the garden. I prefer the skins crisp, so roast uncovered. If I want soft potatoes, I cover the roasting pan.
I like to add a couple of sprigs of rosemary.
Oh Yes!
No, I don't grow herbs. But yeah, I also add chopped garlic to the marinade -- forgot to mention that.

What temp are you cooking them at? I do about 425 for 30 minutes or less.
I'll try to use less oil to start with, and see what I get.
This sounds good!  I would have to add lots of garlic.  I can't survive without garlic.

Yummy! I will try your recipe!

I don't cook that much -- so I don't have my own recipe to share.

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service