All Discussions Tagged 'food' (24)

← Back to THE KNIFE & FORK
Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Consider the Fork: A History of How We Cook and Eat, by Bee Wilson

Two words: Absolutely fascinating.  I'm listening to this on CD right now, and I just have two CDs left. This is a truly enjoyable book.…

Started by A Former Member

0 Mar 4, 2013

8 Food frauds on your shopping list

8 Food frauds on your shopping list   Most consumers know to ignore emails alerting them to foreign lottery winnings and to steer clear of…

4 Apr 22, 2012
Reply by Steph S.

Losing 'Virginity': Olive Oil's 'Scandalous' Fraud

Fresh Air | Losing 'Virginity': Olive Oil's 'Scandalous' Fraud   Listen here.   Extra-virgin olive oil is a ubiquitous ingredient in Italia…

22 Apr 7, 2012
Reply by Sentient Biped

A Better Cheddar?

About 15 years or so ago when I first started to really explore foods, one of the first things I explored was different cheeses. I was ra…

39 Jan 5, 2012
Reply by Sandi

$5424.81

$5424.81   That's my grocery bill for all of 2010. I decided last year that I wanted to finally get a grasp on exactly how much money I spe…

6 Jan 5, 2012
Reply by Sandi

Tried And True Tricks From 'America's Test Kitchen'

Fresh Air | Tried And True Tricks From 'America's Test Kitchen'Listen here. The mission of America's Test Kitchen is simple: to make "recip…

1 Dec 15, 2011
Reply by Steph S.

The Ketchup Conundrum

An intriguing read, about ketchup, of all things. Rather lengthy, but worth the read.  -- Dallas   The Ketchup Conundrum   by Malcom Gladwe…

3 Dec 7, 2011
Reply by Sentient Biped

What’s your favorite ice cream?

I think everyone likes ice cream. It is one of my favorite desserts, and now that I can’t eat my other favorite (cookies), I’ve been eating…

43 Nov 23, 2011
Reply by A Former Member

Oven-roasted new potatoes

I've recently started cooking oven-roasted new potatoes. I first started out using extra-virgin olive oil, lemon juice, dried oregano leave…

8 Nov 5, 2011
Reply by Steph S.

Michael Pollan

Several months ago I started watching as many of the Michael Pollan interviews and speeches I could find on YouTube. I’m including almost a…

2 Aug 20, 2011
Reply by A Former Member

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

AJY

Latest Activity

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service