Have you been to the Creation Museum in Petersburg, ky? What did you think? How embarrassing does this make it to be a Kentucky native or resident?

Do you know anyone else that has gone there? So far everyone I know on a first-name-basis that has visited it has been an atheist/agnostic/non-religious person. I would love to know how much of their income comes from non-believers.

Also, here's me on a triceratops:

Tags: Creation, Ham, Ken, Kentucky, Museum

Views: 29

Replies to This Discussion

I was there once.  I live close by in Indiana and my mother was coming up from TN on a bus tour from her church.  The grounds and buildings are impressive, but the story inside is disgusting.  The tour group thought it was great.  It was all I could do to hold back my true feelings.  Mom knows that I don't go to church, but I just can't tell her that I'm an atheist.  Dad was a baptist preacher.  It's not easy to tell close family members that their entire life was a big mistake.  About all I could do was to tell the bus group that the earth was a lot older then 6,000 years and people did not run around with the dinosaurs as depicted in their presentations.

I'm sorry your family is like that. My parents know who I am and don't have a problem with it, but they used to take me to a baptist church when I was young. They quit going because everyone there was a god-dammed Bush-supporter.

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

AJY

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service