Bush Found Guilty Of War Crimes

May 11th, 2012

In what is the first ever conviction of its kind anywhere in the world, the former US President and seven key members of his administration were today (Friday) found guilty of war crimes.

Bush, Dick Cheney, Donald Rumsfeld and their legal advisers Alberto Gonzales, David Addington, William Haynes, Jay Bybee and John Yoo were tried in absentia in Malaysia.

The trial held in Kuala Lumpur heard harrowing witness accounts from victims of torture who suffered at the hands of US soldiers and contractors in Iraq and Afghanistan.

The president of the tribunal Tan Sri Dato Lamin bin Haji Mohd Yunus Lamin, found that the prosecution had established beyond a “reasonable doubt that the accused persons, former President George Bush and his co-conspirators engaged in a web of instructions, memos, directives, legal advice and action that established a common plan and purpose, joint enterprise and/or conspiracy to commit the crimes of Torture and War Crimes, including and not limited to a common plan and purpose to commit the following crimes in relation to the “War on Terror” and the wars launched by the U.S. and others in Afghanistan and Iraq.” [emphasis mine]

Tags: US war crimes

Views: 149

Replies to This Discussion

It was only a matter of time. Wonder if this will affect their international travel. 

Doesn't mean a damned thing.  It's unlikely that any of the parties named in the indictment will either have reason or desire to travel to Malaysia, and if they do have business there, surrogates would likely be employed to whatever purpose.  I doubt that even the International Criminal Court would create any more impact than the declaration of the Malaysian court, as the US does not (to my knowledge) recognize the authority of the ICC.

Bush will skate on this, as will Cheney, Rumsfeld, Wolfowitz and the rest of them.  I don't like it, but the only courts that might actually have an impact on their actions while in office are those of the United States ... and I'm not going to hold my breath for expecting them to act.

I wonder how many other Muslim nations will follow suit?

It could catch on, and not just with Muslim countries. Call a spade a spade.

Your very astute in your observation, It is in fact a spade. My fear is Muslim countries will exploit this as a religious conflict, which sadly George Bush made so in his believing his intentions were of God as he conveyed to the French in his request for help in Iraq.

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

AJY

Latest Activity

Joan Denoo commented on Ruth Anthony-Gardner's group Hang With Friends
3 hours ago
Joan Denoo commented on nice girl's blog post Why I am here
3 hours ago
Joan Denoo liked nice girl's blog post Why I am here
3 hours ago
Jason Andrews commented on nice girl's blog post Why I am here
4 hours ago
Plinius commented on Ruth Anthony-Gardner's group Hang With Friends
4 hours ago
Tom Sarbeck replied to k.h. ky's discussion Edward Snowden
5 hours ago
Tom Sarbeck replied to k.h. ky's discussion Edward Snowden
5 hours ago
Freethinker31 commented on DAN DANA's blog post This Is How the Gaza War Will End
5 hours ago
Patricia replied to Ceil's discussion Please help me maintain some sanity... It just isn't true!
5 hours ago
Patricia replied to Ceil's discussion Please help me maintain some sanity... It just isn't true!
5 hours ago
Patricia replied to Sentient Biped's discussion More than 30,000 Nexus members. Where are they?
5 hours ago
BIPLAB DAS posted an album

anti superstition programme

its our regular antisuperstition school programme. this time we are in CHHATNA GIRLS HOGH SCHOOL of BANKURA DISTRICT in INDIA. we are disclosing the miracle behind FIRE WALKING.
6 hours ago

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service