I'm from Bangalore. Would like to know if there is any weekly or monthly gathering for atheists. If not, it would be nice to come up with one and take it forward. Interested folks please acknowledge.

Tags: atheists, bangalore, gathering

Views: 610

Replies to This Discussion

BTW, there is also a 2-day function in Calicut on Jan 9th and 10th in remembrance of Basava Premanand. Our beloved Narendra Nayak is conducting a session on 'Exposore of 100 miracles' on Jan 9th. Other renowned rationalists from India are also presenting at this function. Please visit http://www.science.org.in/ for more details about this function.

I'm attending this function. If any other Bangalore folks are attending, it will be great to meet up this weekend in Calicut.
Somu and I will be there. In the meanwhile please call DNA bangalore office and ask for P.K.Surendran and enquire from him as to what happened to the challenge of Bhaskar Shetty, published in front page of DNA on 23rd December.
Hey Pankaj?? back in India ?? good....
A change in the Bangalore program to test the veracity of Shetty's "science" of astrology. He has expressed his inability to turn up on the 14th Jan. I propose to have it on the 14th March at Bangalore itself. The time and venue will be announced later.
Narendra, what exactly he said he would prove ?? I'm sure whatever he does on that day (if at all he turns up) will not make sense anyway but curious to know what the challenge is all about.
I thought you are well up to date with nirmukta. You can look it up and then you will get the issue. It was on page 1 of DNA bangalore edition on 23rd December.
Is it possible for us to have a meeting by the end of jan somehow????
Sure. Let's plan something. I'm not sure if Narendra will be in town, but we Bangaloreans can get together. How about this Saturday afternoon, Jan 23rd? I prefer the Koramangala area -- we can meet in Koramangala club or a Barista or a Coffee day.
Please go ahead and do that Pankaj. I am going to Tanjavur on the 30th and then before that to Podanur to set Premanands will in order. So, I can't possibly make it then. Feb.is completely booked. March 14th is our next Bangalore meet at Makkala Koota, Shankarpuram where rationalists from all over Karnataka will come to Bangalore, executive committee of FIRA will meet and also asstrologer Bhaskar Shetty is going to convince all us that his a "science". So, it is a multiple agenda meeting. You are all welcome to attend.
Before that you could perhaps go to the monthle meeting of Bangalore Vicharavadi Sangha.
Hey guys, so anyone up for this Saturday? Uglyhunk?
Yes Pankaj....I'm up for this Saturday....you confirm the venue....Koramangala should be fine with me
Great. Let's meet at Barista, Lavazza, in 4th Block Koramangala. If you are coming from Indira Nagar, take a left at the Sony World junction (i.e. the signal where Koramangala begins). Barista in on your right about a KM away. It is between the first and second traffic signal after you turn left at Sony World.

How about 4PM? Another person has expressed interest in joining. I'm trying to pull in a few colleagues from office too.

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service