I'm from Bangalore. Would like to know if there is any weekly or monthly gathering for atheists. If not, it would be nice to come up with one and take it forward. Interested folks please acknowledge.

Tags: atheists, bangalore, gathering

Views: 610

Replies to This Discussion

Hello people, even I was looking forward to meeting like minded people in Community gatherings or debates over religion and atheism related topics but unfortunately couldn't find an organization. So I created a blog exclusively dedicated to atheism and freethinking. Its called: http://atheismbangalore.blogspot.com
When there are enough people supporting the blog in bangalore, we'll open a center/organization so that we can discuss about atheism/agnosticism etc.
For now the blog contains useful ebooks and audiobooks. Will be updating videos and movies by Jan 2010. Enjoy and please do support!!!!!!

Hoping to receive some support from "zillions" of atheists in Bangalore:) Cheers!!!
Hello people, even I was looking forward to meeting like minded people in Community gatherings or debates over religion and atheism related topics but unfortunately couldn't find an organization. So I created a blog exclusively dedicated to atheism and freethinking. Its called: http://atheismbangalore.blogspot.com
When there are enough people supporting the blog in bangalore, we'll open a center/organization so that we can discuss about atheism/agnosticism etc.
For now the blog contains useful ebooks and audiobooks. Will be updating videos and movies by Jan 2010. Enjoy and please do support!!!!!!

Hoping to receive some support from "zillions" of atheists in Bangalore:) Cheers!!!
Welcome to the group dude. You seem to be all pumped up for the cause. I just skimmed through your blog and I suggest you to remove the download links which are illegal. Not that I'm saint but unless you assume responsibility for others who download the content, it is not fair.

Coming to the meeting part, I met Pankaj, a month ago, through this group. We discussed many things but have not executed a single thing yet. All this forum is well and good but to take it to the next level, we need offline(physical presence) support from everyone of us. So, let's meet up...:-)
How does it matter, its free anyway. there are a lot of movie blogs doing it. N i checked the blog rules thoroughly:). No tension bro.

And about the meeting, Lets have it sometime in jan so that we gather more people. Even some of my friends would be interested. N hopefully some of "Zillions" would like to join us too
If all the content you posted is freely available then I don't see a need to share rapidshare links. It is not just about you or someone else getting into trouble, it is about conforming to copyright. Anyway....lemme know when u guys r up for a meet...
"if you lived in America, you could walk into any major library and borrow the books, the videos, and the music. So really - what’s the “dif” if people create online libraries which basically achieve the same purpose? And ultimately, the whole exercise is engineered to improve the human learning experience by providing access to greater number of people throughout the world. I ask again - “Is it so terrible to share a book or an educational documentary?” Can someone explain to me how it differs substantially from trekking to New York Public Library and checking out the material for two weeks to a month?

It’s kinda like in the music industry. In my view, file-swapping has improved music and live technology. Think about it, in the old days - before the creation of “corporate music” and “no-talent milli vanillis” bands had to tour to earn their keep. Guess what - bands have to tour again to earn their keep! And if the band is a “no-talent” or “one-hit” wonder through which the music company was ruthlessly exploiting the captive 10-15 year olds? Well, I daresay that a public crowd listening in a live forum will shut down the scam rather quickly (or the music companies will have to adopt better live-play technology to make their “coiffed-up, no-talent” showpieces sound a bit better). The public wins under both instances!

The corporate powers that are crying fowl over on-line public libraries (and that is basically what on-line sharing is) really should get with the program, adapt, and create business models to harness the power of the internet - rather than constantly trying to slow its users from self-edification!

Governments of the world! Do not make it a crime to borrow materials from the library! Such a thing is in the same league as burning books!

Well! Where do you guys think Bill Gates got Windows? He stole it from Apple (and tweaked it a little). And Apple - they stole/borrowed it from Xerox (Xerox corporate fogeys couldn’t figure out what to do with it). Where do you think American steel came from? Carnegie’s people stole the process from Britain… and etc…
N I'd rather take responsibility for people downloading on my website and provide some awareness than to see people being fooled and cheated every sunday(maybe even every day) by clergymen who want money..

Infact, just a month ago, a mother(From a PPM pentacostal church) died because she was not given any medication because they dont believe in it. Seriously, they believe Jesus is the Healer! and they need to have faith in him. None of them take medications for any diseases or health issues.
They are completely blocked from media. They preach media is evil and people are conviced to stay away from TV, internet and maybe even news paper. Science needs to reach such people somehow.

I can witness my testimony when we meet because one of my friends belonged to that church long ago. It was hard to pull him out of it but somehow managed to :)
No public library in the world that I know of keeps illegal copies of any material. Secondly, yours is not an online library. I can't believe you are justifying sharing these links by quoting some unverified stories that Bill Gates stole this and some d*** stole that. Period.
And they are not unverified stories. Its clearly documented and I know it makes no sense to quote some old stories but hey it is for a good cause so i would say i'd rather take up responsibility for it:)
I am from Mangalore but traveling all over the country to promote our cause and organize people. We have activities like invstigation of paranormal phenomena, programs exposing so called miracles and the frauds who claim to have supernatural powers. I come to Bangalore many times in connection with these activities. Any one of you who is interested can attend some of these meetings when you can.
We are also organising the athesit, rationalist groups of Karnataka state as a federation and the meeting will be held most likely on the 14th March,2010. All the zillions of atheists of Bangalore are welcome to attend. Please look up nirmukta.com the rationalist movement in India- the challenges ahead for what I have to say about young people joining the movement. If you want more details about the way we work you can google my name+rationalist- Narendra Nayak
Welcome to the group, Narendra.
I am an atheist since about 45 years and am the prsident of the Federation of Indian rationalist Association, a group to which about 70 various rationalist, atheist organisations all over India are affiliated. We have a group at Bangalore too which meets once a month. We are definitely interested in involving the younger generation as it is you who have to carry on the work. We are having a meeting of the organisations from all over the state scheduled for March,2010 in Bangalore. All the zillions of atheists of Bangalore are also welcome to attend. If you would like to know what I feel about the younger generations involvement in our movement please look up The Indian rationalist movement- the challenges ahead on nirmukta.com If you want more details about our work you could google my name narendra nayak-rationalist and get them.

RSS

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service