One of our new members mentioned that "he prayed his parents would ..."  When I suggested he not talk of prayer if he wanted Atheists to take him seriously, he replied that he was "new to the atheists world [and] you can guide me and give me tips about atheists language and beliefs."

Do any of you have a good introductory link for this young man? Or would you like to befriend him and be his mentor, perhaps? Please send replies to me, as I wanted to protect his privacy. Thanks.

Views: 60

Replies to This Discussion

That's a risky job.  His parents might get onto the relationship and really do all they can to ruin you.  Why not give him a reading list.  Not just Harris, Hitchens, or Dawkins, but books like Michel Onfray's Atheist Manifesto: The Case Against Christianity, Judaism, and Islam.  Also, the scientifically-oriented works, like the one I am reading now: God: The Failed Hypothesis by Victor J. Stenger.

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

MJ

Latest Activity

Karl replied to matthew greenberg's discussion So we're terrorists now, thanks Saudi Arabia
6 minutes ago
Napoleon Bonaparte commented on Samantha Madison's status
15 minutes ago
Idaho Spud commented on Ruth Anthony-Gardner's group Hang With Friends
16 minutes ago
17 minutes ago
Napoleon Bonaparte commented on Loren Miller's status
34 minutes ago
39 minutes ago
Dr. Allan H. Clark replied to Anthony Jordan's discussion A Short Course in Logic
52 minutes ago
1 hour ago
1 hour ago
Loren Miller posted a status
"A Higgs Boson walks into a church. The priest says, we don't allow bosons in here. The Higgs Boson replies, then how do you have mass?"
1 hour ago
Dr. Allan H. Clark replied to Anthony Jordan's discussion A Short Course in Logic
1 hour ago
Samantha Madison posted a status
"FREETHINKERS ARE DANGEROUS!!!!!!"
1 hour ago

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service