Studies have proven that animal cruelty is a major common warning sign in juveniles to later, as adults, commit horrific crimes against humans.  Shouldn't these be open, at least in some cases, instead of sealed?

Views: 11

Replies to This Discussion

Yes, the record of violent acts toward people and other animals should not be sealed.
Seeing as how animal cruelty is one of the 3 major signs of a mentally deranged person(the other 2 of course being bed wetting and arson) these records at the very least should be unsealed in the person commits another violent act.

This will allow the DA to prove this person has a history of violence.
Bed wetting is not really seen as one of the signs of future serial killers and mass murderers. It is having been beaten and humiliated FOR bedwetting that predicts these monsters. In other words, being abused, committing arson, and killing animals are predictive behaviors in children.
You're right of course, I was simply trying to make a point. I wasn't trying to make a point on psychology as much as simply point out that no violent criminal is without a precursor.

Or simply put, psycopaths and sociopaths are made not born. Children with a violent upbringing, especially those that exhibit violent behavior are statistically much more likely to committ violent acts as adults than those that grew up in a well udjusted setting.

The kids that kill pets will probably kill people sooner or later, especially without therapy.
Oh yeah, these suckers that set dogs on fire - sick and twisted with no redemption possible if you ask me.

Unseal the records.

Lock em up, throw away the key.
I think they should all be open. The propensity to hurt innocent things should not be hidden.

I think they are sealed because people want the kids to be able to be rehabilitated, and not be plagued by their deeds when they were so young. I can see both sides of the arguement, really. We know that person's pre-frontal cortex, the part that helps us make rational decisions, does not really finish developing until the 20s (but don't absolutely quote me on that). On the other hand, there is legitimate reason to be weary of these kinds of children when we know how cruel they've been. I guess it depends on what you believe about a person's ability to be rehabilitated, or improved, or whatever....

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

AJY

Latest Activity

Michael Penn commented on Andrew Bradford Hoke's blog post Let's guess what Cardinal Law is doing right now...
31 minutes ago
Michael Penn replied to Luara's discussion the fragile penis
35 minutes ago
Joan Denoo replied to Joan Denoo's discussion Eradicating the Faith Virus - A Conversation with Peter Boghossian
36 minutes ago
Joan Denoo replied to Joe's discussion Warren city Atheist sues to set up alternative to prayer station at city hall in the group Atheist News
37 minutes ago
Joan Denoo liked Joe's discussion Warren city Atheist sues to set up alternative to prayer station at city hall
40 minutes ago
Joe added 4 discussions to the group Atheist News
48 minutes ago
Dan D replied to Atheist Andrea's discussion Are you open about being an atheist or are you in the closet?
1 hour ago
Luara posted a discussion
1 hour ago
booklover commented on Richard C Brown's group learnerscoffeeshack
1 hour ago
Steve Shives posted a video

Book Two, Chapters 17-19 - An Atheist Reads Ray Comfort

The series examining the books of Christian apologist Ray Comfort continues with a look at Chapters 17, 18, and 19 of Comfort's book, God Doesn't Believe in ...
2 hours ago
Idaho Spud replied to Joan Denoo's discussion My gravesite inscription
2 hours ago
Richard C Brown commented on Richard C Brown's group learnerscoffeeshack
2 hours ago

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service