Man Sentenced To 15 Years For Dogfighting

By Jamie Burch
Published: Fri, February 27, 2009 - 4:46 pm
Last Updated: Fri, February 27, 2009 - 5:32 pm

A Flomaton man who pleaded guilty to dogfighting and animal cruelty charges is headed back to prison.

Dale Carnley was sentenced Thursday to 15 years. Carnley fought his dog, Batman, against another dog in Santa Rosa County, Florida in March of last year. The next day, he showed off the dog's wounds while trying to sell it to undercover police officers.

A total of six dogs were seized from Carnley's property along with dogfighting paraphernalia.

Carnley's wife, Elizabeth, has also been indicted on dogfighting and animal cruelty charges. She is awaiting trial.

Tags: Animal-Cruelty, Dogfighting, Inhumane, Pit-Bulls

Views: 9

Replies to This Discussion

Okay, this comment is completely off-topic, and is just me ranting and complaining again: But why is it that a guy like this can be married, and a decent guy like me is still single? Damn it all!
I do have an answer for you.... You have standards... probably some ethics, morals, and other high values as well.

My friend keeps asking the same question and I repeatedly remind her of her standards... :-)

I'm sure if you were willing to compromise those qualities you'd have no dearth of partners vying for your attentions.
Oh, perhaps so! At least, that is more comforting to think so!

I just want to kick this jerk's ass, btw!
Agreed! He should be put in a pit to fight someone he really doesn't want to... see how it feels...
I'm glad that he got more than a slap on the wrist.

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

AJY

Latest Activity

Joan Denoo liked Bertold Brautigan's discussion How can people be good without god?
6 minutes ago
Tom Sarbeck replied to Bertold Brautigan's discussion How can people be good without god?
9 minutes ago
Joan Denoo replied to John Jubinsky's discussion Experimental Ebola Serum May Be In Use On Americans in the group ORIGINS: UNIVERSE, LIFE, HUMANKIND, AND DARWIN
9 minutes ago
Joan Denoo replied to John Jubinsky's discussion Experimental Ebola Serum May Be In Use On Americans in the group ORIGINS: UNIVERSE, LIFE, HUMANKIND, AND DARWIN
20 minutes ago
Tom Sarbeck replied to Bertold Brautigan's discussion How can people be good without god?
21 minutes ago
Atheist in FundyLand posted a discussion
23 minutes ago
HPhan replied to John Jubinsky's discussion Hawking Says Higgs Boson Could Destroy the Universe in the group ORIGINS: UNIVERSE, LIFE, HUMANKIND, AND DARWIN
30 minutes ago
Chris G commented on Sylvain Duford's group Eco-Logical: A Group for Environmentalists
38 minutes ago
HPhan liked Sylvain Duford's group Eco-Logical: A Group for Environmentalists
41 minutes ago
HPhan joined Sylvain Duford's group
41 minutes ago
HPhan replied to Steph S.'s discussion Scientists report first semiaquatic dinosaur, Spinosaurus in the group ORIGINS: UNIVERSE, LIFE, HUMANKIND, AND DARWIN
44 minutes ago
HPhan replied to John Jubinsky's discussion Experimental Ebola Serum May Be In Use On Americans in the group ORIGINS: UNIVERSE, LIFE, HUMANKIND, AND DARWIN
58 minutes ago

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service