All Discussions Tagged 'wildlife' (56)

← Back to HUMANE ATHEISTS
Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Leopards and Humans Peacefully Coexist in India

Leopards and humans peacefully share the same densely populated rural landscape in western India, a new camera trap survey shows. The camer…

Started by A Former Member

0 Mar 31, 2013

The killing agency: Wildlife Services' brutal methods leave a trail of animal death

A very long 3-part series. I've not finished it myself, but I'm posting it now. Courtesy of Ruth Anthony-Gardner.  - Dallas   The killing a…

7 May 13, 2012
Reply by Steph S.

Mallard ducklings rescued. Any advice or information welcome!

An old fellow on a bicycle came to my house yesterday, with 5 ducklings rescued from the middle of a road.  There was no mother around.  Ne…

Started by Dogly

2 May 9, 2012
Reply by Steph S.

Agony and Ivory

Agony and Ivory Highly emotional and completely guileless, elephants mourn their dead—and across Africa, they are grieving daily as demand…

1 Aug 23, 2011
Reply by Steph S.

Angry Birds: Crows Never Forget Your Face

Considering how important and fundamental facial recogintion is to humans, it does not surprise me at all that other animals would have a s…

3 Aug 23, 2011
Reply by Steph S.

Organized Crime Wiping Out Wildlife

Organized Crime Wiping Out Wildlife Criminal syndicates are wiping out wildlife and it's leading to catastrophic population declines and ev…

1 Aug 15, 2011
Reply by Steph S.

Animals Getting High: New Book Explores Feeling Good In The Wild

Animals Getting High: New Book Explores Feeling Good In The Wild After a long day of roaming the wild, can you blame a bird for throwing ba…

0 Jul 3, 2011

Arabian Oryx Comes Back From the Brink

Arabian Oryx Comes Back From the Brink Almost 40 years ago, the last wild Arabian oryx (Oryx leucoryx), a large, cream-colored antelope wi…

0 Jun 17, 2011

How to Have Fun Like Monkeys, Whales and Foxes

How to Have Fun Like Monkeys, Whales and Foxes If you want to know how song changes the shape of a finch's brain, science can help. If you…

0 Jun 17, 2011

Lawmakers debate whether to kill mass of sea lions in Pacific Northwest

The dark side of conservation. Of course, what this article seems to gloss over is the reason why these fish are endangered to begin with.…

0 Jun 14, 2011

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

AJY

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service